Number of Kendriya Vidyalaya in the Country and Total Staff Strength
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT
UNSTARRED QUESTION NO-671
Kendriya Vidyalayas in the country
671 . SHRI T.K. RANGARAJAN
(a) the number of Kendriya Vidyalayas throughout the country;
(b) the sanctioned strength of staff for these schools;
(c) whether there is any short fall in the sanctioned strength; and
(d) if so, the measures proposed to fill up the shortfall?
MINISTER OF STATE IN THE MINISTRY OF HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT
(DR. SHASHI THAROOR)
(a) The number of Kendriya Vidyalayas (KVs) throughout the country at present is 1091.
(b) As on date the total sanctioned strength of teaching and non-teaching posts in the KVs is 57,170.
(c) No, Sir.
(d) A total of 9853 posts in different categories are lying vacant in KVs all over the country. The occurrence of the vacancies due to retirement, resignation etc. and the filling up of these vacancies by promotion, direct recruitment and limited departmental examination as per the provisions of the Recruitment Rules of the KVS, is a continuous process. The shortfall of teachers, if any, is met by measures like placement on contractual basis and by providing teachers from the neighboring KVs so that the education of the students do not suffer.
Source: Rajya Sabha Q&A
Related to Your Search:
- Vacant posts of teachers in Kendriya Vidyalayas
- VACANCIES IN KENDRIYA VIDYALAYAS (KVs)
- Kendriya Vidyalayas – Details of KV’s – Minister answered in Parliament
- Language labs in Kendriya Vidyalayas
- Kendriya Vidyalayas (KVs) and Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNVs)
- English medium education in Kendriya Vidyalayas
- Vacancy of non teaching staff in KVs of Delhi
- Housing facilities to the teachers working under Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS)
- Human Resource Development will rank its over 1,000 Kendriya Vidyalayas (KV)