Non-Practicing allowance of Government Doctors – Loksabha
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF HEALTH AND FAMILY WELFARE
DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH AND FAMILY WELFARE
UNSTARRED QUESTION NO. 1960
TO BE ANSWERED ON 21sT DECEMBER, 2018
NON-PRACTICING ALLOWANCE OF GOVERNMENT DOCTORS
1960. SHRI MD. BADARUDDOZA KHAN:
Will the Minister of HEALTH AND FAMILY WELFARE be pleased to state:
(a) whether the doctors of Government hospitals are doing private practice despite taking non-practicing allowance, if so, the reaction of the Government thereto indicating the number of the doctors doing private practice across the country including West Bengal;
(b) whether any steps are being taken by the Government to control it, if so, the details thereof; and
(c) if not, the reasons therefor?
THE MINISTER OF STATE IN THE MINISTRY OF HEALTH AND
(SHRI ASHWINI KUMAR CHOUBEY)
(a): Health being a state subject, information pertaining to the doctors doing private practice across the country including West Bengal is not centrally maintained. As per Rule 13 of CHS Rules, 2014, persons appointed to the Central Health Service shall not be allowed private practice of any kind whatsoever including any consultation and laboratory service.
In one case reported from Central Government Health Services(CGHS) Delhi, disciplinary proceedings have been initiated against the concerned officer as per rules and procedure of the Government.
(b) & (c): As and when any instance of private practice by a Central Health Service doctor is brought to the notice of this Ministry, appropriate action is taken in the matter as per rules and procedure of the Government.
Related to Your Search:
- Regarding Payment of Conveyance Allowance to IRMS Doctors
- Shortage of Doctors in Central Government Hospitals
- Revised rates of Non Practicing Allowance (NPA) to Armed Forces Medical Services
- FUNDAMENTAL (SECOND AMENDMENT) RULES, 2018 – OPTION TO BE SUBMITTED BY CHS AND DENTAL DOCTORS TO SERVE THE GOVERNMENT UPTO 65 YEARS
- CGHS doctors to be trained on administrative matters
- Promotion Scheme for CGHS Homoeopathic and Unani Doctors
- Non issuing of prescribed medicines by CGHS Wellness Centres
- Enhancement of Retirement Age for Dental Doctors
- Railway Board Order – Enhancement of age of superannuation of IRMS Doctors (GDMOs)