Non-acceptance of Nomination Form for Life Time Arrear (LTA)
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF FINANCE
DEPARTMENT OF EXPENDITURE
CENTRAL PENSION ACCOUNTING OFFICE
TRIKOOT-II, BHIKAJI CAMA PLACE,
CPAO/IT &Tech/Bank Performance/37 [Vol-111)/2018-19/22
Subject :- Non-acceptance of Nomination Form for Life Time Arrear (LTA).
It has been observed that Pension Payee Scheduled Bank branches are not accepting Nomination Form for “Life Time Arrear” on the pretext that their branch has not received any instructions from their head office.
As per para 23 of the Scheme Booklet on acceptance of Nomination Form for Life Time Arrears provides that where the Nomination for the payment of arrears does not exist then the Authorized Bank will seek instructions of the CPAO, who will in turn, refer the matter to AG/CCA/CA/Dy.CA for obtaining the requisite sanction of Head of the Office. As such, the claimant can also approach the Head of Office where the pensioner served before his/her retirement/ death.
Moreover para 4.5.7 of the Scheme Booklet clearly states that “CPPCs may ensure that the responsibilities assigned to Home Branches are enforced so that the pensioners are not redirected to CPPC for redressal of grievances and information needs. Necessary performance measures and monitoring mechanisms, in co-ordination with the respective administrative structures to achieve the desired level of service delivery in Home Branches as well as CPPCs may be instituted by the Bank.”
This issues with the approval of Chief Controller (Pensions).
Sr. Accounts Officer (IT & Tech)
Related to Your Search:
- Use of modified format of Life Certificate by all banks
- Nomination by pensioners under the Payment of Arrears of Pension Nomination Rules 1983 for payment of lifetime arrears
- Simplification of Pension Procedure – Submission of Life Certificate
- Modification in Life Certificate of Pensioners – Acknowledgement to be issued
- Nomination of Nodal bank branches under Single Window Scheme (SWS) for reimbursement of Railway Pension
- How to download of Arrear calculation sheet for pensioners
- If a pension has not been credited to a pensioner’s account for a period of three years or more the PPO will be returned
- Providing breakup of pension and arrear payments & recoveries to pensioners
- Particulars to be obtained by Head of office from the retiring govt. servant eight months before the date of his retirement.