No ban on recruitment in Central Government
“There is no ban on recruitment in Central Government” said Minister of Dopt.
In Lok Sabha while answering to a question, Minister V.Narayanasamy said that there is no ban on recruitment in Central Government and the respective Ministries /Departments concerned are required to fill up the vacancies within the framework of existing instructions/rules keeping in view functional requirement of the posts.
“As per the Employment Market Information Programme of Ministry of Labour & Employment , employment growth in the organized sector including public and private sectors has increased from 281.72 lakh in 2009 and 289.99 lakh in 2011 registering a compound annual growth rate of 1.46%. The compound annual growth rate was 5.05% per annum in Private Sector and a marginal decline of 0.70% in Public Sector, mainly due to rightsizing.
There is no ban on recruitment in Central Government. The respective Ministries /Departments concerned are required to fill up the vacancies within the framework of existing instructions/rules keeping in view functional requirement of the posts. In so far as Railways is concerned, notifications for filling up of about 2 lakh posts pertaining to safety, maintenance and operations have already been issued.
The estimated number of total vacancies of regular Central Government Civilian employees (including Railways) as on 1.3.2011 is 5,81,591. The data in respect of CPSUs and Railway PSUs in not centrally maintained”.
Related to Your Search:
- Re-Employment of Ex-Servicemen
- 25% retirement till 2020: Recruitment process in Public Sector Banks
- Recruitment of Staff through Employment Exchanges – Dopt Orders
- Special Recruitment through SSC, Ministry of Railways and Department of Posts
- Dopt Orders on Benefit of reservation to Ex-servicemen – 14th August 2014
- Promotion of the Visually Impaired
- Prescribed period of Ad-hoc service in Central Government…
- Filling up of vacant posts in Central Government Ministries / Department – Latest DoPT Orders 2020
- Reduction in number of vacancies in various departments of the central government