NC JCM Staff Side has demanded Grant of ACP to Draftsmen Cadre of Central Government Departments
Shiva Gopal Mishra
National Council (Staff Side)
Joint Consultative Machinery
for Central Government Employees
13-C, Ferozshah Road, New Delhi – 110001
E Mail: [email protected]
July 14, 2014
Department of Personnel & Training,
North Block, New Delhi
Department of Defence
Production & Supplies,
D.G.Q.A., D.H.Q, New Delhi
Sub:- Grant of ACP to Draftsmen.
I may draw your kind attention to the following judgments of Tribunal / High Court and the Supreme Court:
1. CAT Bombay Bench order dated 28.2.2005 in O.A. No.124/2004 Shri K.M. Khopkar & others Vs UoI.
2. Bombay High Court order dated 11.12.2006 in writ petition No. 5269/2005 Union of India & others Vs K.M.Khopkar
3. Supreme Court order dated 10.7.2007 in Petition for SLP (C) CC5027/2007 Union of India & others Vs K.M. Khopkar.
The Hon’ble CAT Bombay has ruled that the placement irregular scale on the basis of Ministry of Defence letter dated 15.9. 1995 granted to Draftsmen of other Departments in pursuance of CPWD Arbitration award cannot be treated as regular promotion and ACP benefit rightly granted to the applicants cannot be withdrawn.
The High Court Bombay has upheld the above ruling of the CAT Bombay.
The Supreme Court had dismissed the appeal observing that they do not find any merit to interfere in this case.
2. The question is whether all draftsmen of other departments would be granted the benefit of this judgment. They are similarly placed employees and there are several directions of the apex court that in the case of similarly placed employees, a decision given by Courts should be treated as judgment in rem and Government should extend such benefits to all similarly placed employees so that there is no multiplication of litigation in a matter which has already been adjudicated.
3. I, therefore, request you kindly to consider and extend the benefit of above ruling which has already attained finality to all the draftsmen not only working in Department of Defence Production & Supplies but also in all other Central Government Departments.
4. Action Taken on this matter may kindly advice to us.
(Shiva Gopal Mishra)
Related to Your Search:
- Supreme Court Order – Benefit of pensioners who retired on 30th June
- Benefits of Sixth Pay Commission to the employees who retired before 1.1.2006
- Benefits of Sixth Pay Commission to Govt employees who retired before 1.1.2006
- Grant of MACP benefit to the eligible employees in the hierarchy of promotional grade: Compliance of CAT Principal Bench Directive on 12.03.2014 in OA No. 864/2014 – BPMS
- Grant of MACP benefit in the promotional hierarchy – Copy of the stay order dated 08.08.2014 passed by Hon’ble Supreme Court
- Grant of MACP benefit to the eligible employees in the Hierarchy of promotional grade – BPMS
- Revision of pay-scale of Data Entry Operator in Defence Accounts Department. – implantation of Supreme court judgement
- ACRs with below benchmark grading considered in post DPCs- Regarding
- Revision of pension of pre-2006 pensioners – Pensioners Portal Orders Mar 2015