National Emblem on the Identity Card of pensioners
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF PERSONNEL, PUBLIC GRIEVANCES & PENSIONS
DEPARTMENT OF PENSION & PENSIONERS WELFARE
LOK NAYAK BHAVAN, KHAN MARKET,
NEW DELHI, DATED THE 26TH October, 2016
Sub: Issue of Pensioners Identity Card to pensioners – reg.
The undersigned is directed to say that instructions for issue of Identity Card to pensioners have been issued from time to time. In this Department’s OM of even numbers dated 25.7.2013, it was inter alia mentioned that it would not be necessary to have the National Emblem on the Identity Card of pensioners.
2. The matter has been reconsidered in consultation with the Ministry of Home Affairs keeping in view the provisions of State Emblem of India (Regulation of Use) Rule, 2007. Ministry of Home Affairs have indicated that they have no objection to the issue of Identity Card to retired Government personnel/pensioners with State emblem. The instructions/clarifications issued by this Department’s OM in this regard stand modified to this extent.
3. All Ministries/Departments are requested to keep the above in view while issuing Identity Cards to pensioners who retired from the Central Government Civil Service. This provision will not be applicable in respect of the pensioners retired from the Autonomous Bodies, etc. Such autonomous bodies can, however, use their own logo on the Identity Cards, in accordance with the relevant instructions.
Related to Your Search:
- Issue of Identity Cards to Central Government pensioners – Pensioners Portal Orders on 12.8.2015
- Pensioners Portal Orders – Clarification on issue of Identity Cards to Central Government Pensioners
- Issue of Pensioners Identity Card to Pensioners – Revised Format
- NFIR: Issue of Pensioners Identity Card to pensioners
- Issue of Pensioners Identity Card to pensioners – Specimen of Pensioners Identity Card
- Implementation of recommendations of One-Man Committee on issue of Identity cards to the Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS)
- Pensioners Portal Orders 2013 – Issue of Identity Cards to Central Government Pensioners
- Accepting of E-Aadhaar as Prescribed Proof of Identity for Reserved Journey
- Policy regarding uniformity in the Medical Identity Cards issued to employees and other beneficiaries on Indian Railways.