Mutatis mutandis provisions regarding reservations under the Central Government
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Provisions relating to Reservations
20 NOV 2019
The instructions issued by Government on India under Article 16 (4) and 16 (4A) of the Constitution are, mutatis mutandis, followed by the Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs), Financial Institutions including the Public Sector Banks under the Central Government. Implementation of the reservation provisions are insisted upon as a pre-condition to receive grants-in-aid by the voluntary organizations, autonomous bodies/institutions etc. where:-
- the recipient body employs more than 20 persons on a regular basis and at least 50% of its recurring expenditure is met from grants-in-aid from Central Government; and
- the body is registered society of a cooperative institution and is in receipt of a general purpose annual grants-in-aid of Rs. 2 lakhs and above from the Consolidated Fund of India.
Ministries/Departments have been directed to include suitable clause in the terms and conditions under which voluntary agencies / organizations etc. are given grants-in-aid by the Government for reservation for SCs/ STs/ OBCs in the posts and services under such organisations or agencies. It has further being provided that while sanctioning further grants, the progress made in employing SCs/ STs/ OBCs should be kept in view.
This information was provided by the Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Development of North-Eastern Region (DoNER), MoS PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions, Atomic Energy and Space, Dr Jitendra Singh in written reply to a question in Lok Sabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- Cabinet approves equivalence of posts in Central Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs), Banks, Insurance Institutions with Posts in Government so that the children of those serving in lower categories in PSUs and other institutions can get the benefit of OBC reservations
- Backlog reserved vacancies for SCs, STs and OBCs with ten Ministries and Departments
- Reservation Provisions for SC/ST/OBC – Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment
- Nomination of Liaison Officer and Setting up of Cell in each Ministry / Department for enforcement of orders of reservations in posts and services of the Central Government
- Revision of income criteria to exclude socially advanced persona / section (Creamy Layer) from the purview of reservation for Other Backward Classes (OBCs) in admissions to Central Educational Institutions
- Group wise representation of Other Backward Classes (OBC) in Central Government Services as on 1.1.2011
- Representation of OBCs in the Central Government Services
- Reservation for Minorities
- Central Government Special Recruitment Drive for SCs/STs