Leveraging Aadhaar for improving the services of EPFO – regarding.
Employees Provident Fund Organisation
Ministry of Labour & Employment, Govt. Of India
Date: 06.02.2013 (6 FEB 2013)
All ACCs (Political states),
All RPFC-I (In-charge of Regions),
AH RPFC-II (In-charge of SROs)
(Through web circulation)
Subject: Leveraging Aadhaar for improving the services of EPFO – regarding.
This is in reference to Head Office letter No. RI(UID/2010/300351 dated 21.01.2013 on the subject cited above. The issue of expeditious enrolment of the EPF members was discussed with UIDAI Officials. ¡t has emerged that UIDA1 through its registrars has been organising enrollment camps in 18 states only. Register General of India (RGI) has been collecting data in respect of the remaining states through National Population Register (NPR). While the data collected by RGI is also being processed for issue of Aadhaar numbers by UIDAI, the methodology used by RGI for setting up enrolment camps is different i.e. it is being done on the basis of house-to-house data collected by enumerators during Census Operations 2011, unlike UIDAI camps, where any resident, Irrespective of the place of residence, can get himself enrolled for Aadhaar number. This enrolment may take considerable time.
In view of the discussions held with UIDAI officials and the time required in the process of obtaining Aadhaar numbers, it may not be possible to obtain Aadhaar number / Aadhaar Enrolment number by EPF members by 1st March,2013. Therefore, it has been decided to not to make Aadhaar Number / Enrolment number mandatory for EPF members from 1st March, 2013. However, the field offices would make maximum efforts to obtain the available Aadhaar numbers of the EPF members.
Further your attention is invited to Head Office letter no. MIS-II/ISO-9001/2011-12/24686 dated 9th November 2012 on implementation of ISO 9001 Certification for the field offices which is a mandatory success indicator under the Results Framework Document (RFD). The updation of members’ master in database ¡s one of the standards required for the purpose. In view of the benefits that would accrue both to the EPF members as well as EPFO, It has now been decided to collect the core banking account number of all the contributing members as indicated In ECR.
The Regional offices and Sub-Regional offices should make an all-out effort to collect the core banking account numbers in respect of all the contributing members as indicated in ECR. Compliance of instructions may kindly be ensured in this regard.
Central Provident Fund Commissioner
Related to Your Search:
- Aadhaar Camp for Pensioners at New Delhi from July 13th to 17th, 2015
- Special Aadhaar Enrolment drive for Pensioners, from May 30 to June 10, 2016
- Issuing of Aadhaar cards through post offices and banks
- Aadhaar Data is Never Breached or Leaked: UIDAI
- EPFO introduces a new facility for its members to link their respective UAN with Aadhaar online
- Aadhaar Seeding cum Registration Camp being held in Laxmi Nagar today
- EPFO Issues Updated Guidelines to Facilitate Birth Records of PF Members
- EPFO disbursed Rs. 47,630 crore as member benefits and Rs. 8,200 crore as monthly pensions in 2015-16
- Atal Pension Yojana (APY) included under Section 7 of the Aadhaar Act 2016