Stepping up of pay of the promotee senior with direct recruited junior appointed on or after 01.01.2006.
KENDRIYA VIDYALAYA SANGATHAN(HQ),
18, INSTITUTIONAL AREA SHAHEED JEET SINGH MARG,
F. 110239/58/ 2008/
The Dy. Commissioner
Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan
All Regional Offices.
Subject:- Stepping up of pay of the promotee senior with direct recruited junior appointed on or after 01.01.2006.
This is regarding stepping of pay of promotee senior with reference to direct recruited junior appointed after 01.01.2006.
1. The issue was examined in this office and referred to Ministry of HRD for clarification. Ministry of HRD vide letter No.F.3-43/2008/UT.2 dated 20th March 2009 has clarified that the stepping up of pay of the promotee senior with direct recruited junior appointed on or after 01.01.2006 may be agreed to subject to fulfillment of the following conditions:-
(a) Stepping up the basic pay of seniors under the above provision can be claimed only in the case of those cadres which have an element of direct recruitment and in cases where a directly recruited junior is actually drawing more basic pay than the seniors. In such cases, the basis pay of the seniors will be stepped up with reference to the basic pay of the junior.
(b) Using the above provision, Government servants cannot claim stepping up their revised basic pay with reference to entry pay in the revised pay structure for direct recruits appointed on or after 1.1.2006 as laid down in Section II of Part A of First Schedule to the CCS (RP) Rules, 2008, if their cadre does not have an element of direct recruitment, or in cases were no junior is drawing basic pay higher than them.
(C) Stepping up of pay of the seniors in accordance with the above provision shall not be applicable in cases where direct recruits have been granted advance increments at the time of recruitment.
The issues prevailing in the region may be decided as per above clarifications.
Related to Your Search:
- Stepping up of pay of Assistant Accounts Officers of Defence Accounts Department at par with directly recruited SAS Apprentices
- Fixation of Pay consequent upon 6th Pay commission Recommendations in cadres of Inspectors / P.A’s Administrative Officers. reg.
- Entry Pay to DR Appointed on or after 1.1.2006 and pay fixation in the case of persons other than such direct recruits
- Central Civil Services (Revised Pay) Rules, 2008 – Entry pay for direct recruits appointed on or after 1.1.2006 and pay fixation in the case of persons other than such direct recruits
- Railways: Stepping up of pay of Seniors drawing less pay than the Juniors
- Stepping up of pay of senior of CSS promotion in the Officers Grade than juniors
- Stepping up of Pay of Senior Assistants of CSS drawing less pay on promotion in the Section Officers Grade than their juniors – clarifications
- Anomaly in fixation of pay of Chief Loco Inspectors appointed prior to 01.01.2016 with reference to their juniors appointed after 01.01.2016 and drawing more pay than the seniors
- Stepping up of pay of the senior with reference to the revised pay of juniors applicability of Notes 7 & 10 below Rule 7 (1) of CCS (RP) Rules, 2008.