KV-IIT is best government school, says all-India survey
Government schools are usually in the news for all the wrong reasons but a taint survey has ranked Chennai’s Kendriya Vidyalaya-IIT Madras campus at the to Ten other schools from Tamil Nadu found a place among the top 10 in various categories.
Govt Schools Aced The Survey Under Various Categories
|Name of the School||Points|
|1.||Kendriya Vidyalaya, IIT Madras, Chennai||981|
|2.||Kendriya Vidyalaya, NMR, JNU Campus, Delhi||977|
|3.||Rajakiya Pratibha Vikas Vidyalaya, Dwarka, Delhi||951|
|4.||Jadavpur Vidyapith, Kolkata||946|
|5.||Kendriya Vidyalaya, IIT Kanpur||927|
Seven of the top 10 government day schools are Kendriya Vidyalayas with the ohe on the HT-Madras campus at the top. The school scored 981 points out of 1,500 in the survey, leading Kendriya Vidyalaya, NMR, JNU Campus, Delhi, by four points. Rkiya Pratibha Vikas Vidyalaya, Dwarka, Delhi, is at the third place with 951 points and its branch in Shalimar Bagh in the city is at sixth place with 925 points. Two schools from Kerala and one each from Kolkata, Kanpur Hyderabad, Bangalore, and Mumbai are the others topping the list.
In the survey carried out in Delhi, Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Lucknow, Mumbai, Kanpur Bhopal, Kolkata and Kochi, more than 1,000 fee paying and non-fee paying parents from various socio-economic categories, teachers, principals, educationists and academicians were interviewed by field researchers of
C-Force, a marketing company in Delhi. The survey was conducted between May and July, and the results were declared in September.
The interviewees were asked to rate schools on a 10 point scale based on 14 parameters like teacher welfare and development, competence of faculty sports education, special needs education, co-curricular education, infrastructure provision, academic reputation, value for money, individual attention to students, management quality, parental involvement, internationalism, community service, and life skills education and conflict management.
Related to Your Search:
- KV SChools Age Criteria and Admission Schedule for the year 2015-16
- KV School admission in Class 1 under RTE and Single Girl Child (SGC) categories, requested to attend online lottery process
- Re-Scheduling of Summer Vacation in Kendriya Vidyalaya Schools
- 1002 KVS Schools affiliated with CBSE
- KVS Orders – Yoga teaching in Kendriya Vidyalayas
- Human Resource Development will rank its over 1,000 Kendriya Vidyalayas (KV)
- Opening of 2 new Kendriya Vidyalayas, in the state of Karnataka and Punjab
- HRD Ministry may relax norms for opening new KVs
- Ratio of Student – Teacher in Kendriya Vidyalayas Schools