Press Information Bureau
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
24-July-2012 16:57 IST
Income Tax Department Starts Two More Taxpayer Friendly Initiatives : ‘Register for Home Visit’ and ‘Online Tax Help’
In order to make the Income Tax Return filing experience even more convenient, the Income Tax Department
has started two more taxpayer friendly initiatives ‘Register for Home Visit’ and ‘Online Tax Help’. To avail these
facilities, a taxpayer must visit the website www.trpscheme.com and take help of trained professionals either
online or at their homes. The taxpayer can choose between ‘online help’ or ‘home visit’.
On choosing the option of online tax help, the taxpayer can fill in his tax related query along with his contact
details. The online query will be resolved by tax experts through Email or Phone within 24 hours.
The taxpayers who choose to register for home visit, will be asked to indicate in short the help required by
them and a convenient date and time when the Tax Return Preparer (TRP) can visit them for assistance. The
help desk will forward the query of the taxpayer to the nearest available TRP and fix the appointment telephonically. The TRP will then visit the taxpayer and render assistance. The facility is aimed to facilitate taxpayers in filing their return and thereby reducing their cost of compliance. The TRPs are allowed to collect fee from the taxpayers as per the TRP notification subject to a maximum of Rs. 250 per return preparation. The facility for home visit by TRPs has been presently made available in few cities such as Bangalore, Chennai, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, New Delhi, and Patna. The facility would be extended to more cities during the next phase.
The TRP scheme call center 1800-10-23738 may be called for further information regarding these initiatives.
The Tax Return Preparer Scheme is an initiative of the Income Tax Department to help small and marginal tax payers in filing of their Income Tax Returns. This Scheme is applicable to individual and HUF tax payers who
can take assistance of TRPs in preparation and filing of their Income Tax Returns. The TRPs are self employed graduates who are trained by the Income Tax Department for filing of Income Tax Returns as well as quarterly TDS statements. The TRPs are authorized to collect nominal charges of Rs. 250 or less from the tax payers for preparing their Income Tax Returns. The Department also pays incentive to the TRPs for preparing of returns of tax payers which is a percentage of the total tax paid as per the returns prepared by the TRP subject to a maximum of Rs. 1000/-
Related to Your Search:
- Revised Norms of IT Returns; Electronic Verification of Income Tax Returns For A.Y. 2015-16 Introduced
- IT Department Urges Taxpayers to Pay all Self- Assessment Tax Dues by 31ST March
- Request to Taxpayers to Avail Facility for Online Rectification
- IT Returns early to avoid the last minute rush of filing – Income Tax Department urges
- Special IT Return Receipt Counters for Salaried Tax Payers With Income Upto Rs. Five Lakh
- Income Tax returns can still be filed even after the deadline: IT dept. urges
- Income Tax Department (ITD) launches Operation Clean Money
- Taxpayer may verify his return through Internet Banking or through Aadhar based authentication process
- CBDT issues Certificates of appreciation to nearly 3.74 lakh tax payers for their contribution towards Nation building