Income Tax Department Cautions the Public about Phishing Emails
The Income Tax Department has asked the general public to not fall prey to the fraudulent emails that are being circulated regarding new tax guidelines.
In its press release dated 15.07.2014, the Income Tax Department has said the following – A number of taxpayers have received emails advising them to download the updated information regarding the payment of income tax. The emails originating from “incometaxindia.gov” are false and fraudulent. This entity is not related to the Income Tax Department in any way.
The Income Tax Department does not send any such emails or notifications from Yahoo or Gmail Ids. Taxpayers are cautioned against replying to such mails, providing any information requested in such mails or downloading any file or visiting any website mentioned in them. If you have received such an email, kindly log in to the Income Tax Department’s website and refer the “Report phishing” section.
For any further information and clarification, the Income Tax Department has advised the users to refer their website, www.incometaxindia.gov.in.
Related to Your Search:
- Income Tax Department issued an Advisory on Phishing, Fraudulent Refund E-mail
- Income Tax Department Launches New and Improved Online Calculator
- IT Returns early to avoid the last minute rush of filing – Income Tax Department urges
- Pakistan-based group uses 7th Pay Commission to target Indian govt officials: FireEye
- Taxpayer may verify his return through Internet Banking or through Aadhar based authentication process
- CBDT releases Direct Tax Statistics
- Revised Norms of IT Returns; Electronic Verification of Income Tax Returns For A.Y. 2015-16 Introduced
- INCOME-TAX DEDUCTION FROM SALARIES DURING THE FINANCIAL YEAR 201 2-2013 UNDER SECTION 192 OF THE INCOME-TAX ACT, 1961
- Income Tax Offices to remain open on Saturday,5th August, 2017 for filing of income tax returns