Whether the Government has received proposals from the various institutions including Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangthan regarding inclusion of their employees under the Central Government Health Scheme (CGHS)..?
The question has been raised by the Member of Parliament Shri.Tufani Saroj on 22nd March this year. The Minister of Health and Family Welfare Shri.Ghulam Nabi Azad replied as follows…
“This Ministry has been receiving proposals from various Institutions/ Autonomous bodies/Statuary bodies under Central Government for extending CGHS facilities to their employees/pensioners. A list of such institutions / organizations is annexed. A request from Commissioner of Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangthan was also received in the month of May 2012 in this regard.
M/o Health and Family Welfare has expressed its inability to extend CGHS facilities to them on account of resource constraints, especially the shortage of medical and paramedical staff besides the financial and other logistic constraints.
CGHS is a healthcare scheme primarily for the Central Government employees and pensioners. CGHS is currently available in only 25 cities across the country and a large section of Central Govt. employees and pensioners are out of CGHS coverage”.
Moreover, it is primarily the responsibility of the autonomous institutions to devise their own health schemes for their employees keeping in view their ways and means.
|S.No.||Name of Institutions/Organisations|
|1||Employees Provident Fund Organization|
|2||Jansankhya Sthirata Kosh|
|3||Central Council for Research in Ayurveda and Siddha|
|4||Kendriya Vidalaya Sangathan|
|5||Press Council of India|
|6||Delhi Public Library|
|7||National School of Drama|
|8||National Human Rights Commission|
|9||Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri Rastriya Sanskrit Vidyapeeth|
|10||National Institute of Public Cooperation and Child Development|
|11||Indira Gandhi National Center for Arts|
|12||National Institute of Ayurveda, Jaipur|
|13||Inland Waterways Authority of India|
|14||Institute of Hotel Management|
|15||Indian Council of Forestry Research and Education, Dehradun|
|17||National Green Tribunal|
|18||National Council of Rural Institutes|
|19||Central Detective Training School, Jaipur|
|20||Clinical Research Unit (Unani), Meerut|
|21||National Institute of Technical Teachers Training & Research, Chandigarh.|
Related to Your Search:
- CGHS Orders : Removal / Suspension of Escorts Heart Institute & Research Centre, Max Super Specialty Hospital and Max Devki Heart & Vascular Institute, New Delhi – regarding
- CGHS: Opening of CGHS Wellness Centre at Varanasi
- No specific time frame can be given for introduction of the New Health Insurance Scheme
- Empanelled Private Hospitals under CGHS in Delhi
- List of Private Hospitals Removed from Empanelled under CGHS
- Implementation of 7th CPC recommendations for pensioners/ Family pensioners and drawal of dearness relief as per 6th CPC
- KVS: Extension of CGHS facilities to Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan retired employees
- CGHS Dispensary at Shimla
- Opening of a Central Government Health Scheme, wellness Centre (allopathic) at Agartala