7th CPC Pension Revision of pre-2016 pensioners – Application not required from Pensioners – Department should take suo-moto action
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel Public Grievances & Pension
Department of Pension and Pensioners Welfare
3rd Floor, Lok Nayak Bhawan,
Khan Market, New Delhi
Dated 25th, July, 2017
Subject: Implementation of Government’s decisions on the recommendations of the 7th Pay Commission-Revision of Pension of pre-2016 pensioners/family pensioners etc- Procedural actions for revision.
The undersigned is directed to say that orders for revision of pension of pro-2016 pensioners/family pensioners by notional pay fixation in the 7th Central Pay Commission Matrix have been issued vide this Department’s O.M. No.38/37/2016-P&PW(A) dated 12.05.2017 Subsequently, concordance tables for fixation of revised pay and pension/family pension of pre-2016 pensioners/family pensioners have also been circulated vide this Department’s O.M. No. 38/37/2016-P&PW(A) dated 06.07.2017.
2. Attention Of Ministries/Departments is invited to Para-18 of this Department’s O.M. No.38/37/2016-P&PW(A) dated 12/05/2017 whereby responsibility has been cast on Head of Department and Pay and Pay and Accounts Office attached to the office from which the Government servant had retired or was working last before his death to revise the pension/family pension of pre-2016 pensioners/family pensioners with effect from 01.01.2016
3, It has however, come to the notice of this Department that the process of revision of pension/family pension of pre-2016 pensioners/family pensioners has not been started by a large number of Ministries/Department/Organizations/Offices. It has also brought to the notice of this Department that pensioners/family pensioners are being asked to make a formal application for revision of their pension/family pensioners. The instructions issued by this Department do not provide for submission of application by individual pensioners/family pensioners for revision of pension/family pension Ministries/Departments, etc. are, therefore, once again requested to suo moto proceed to process the revision cases immediately to avoid delays in issuance of revised PPOs of pre-2016 retirees.
4. All the Ministries/Departments are also requested to furnish the status of revised cases as on 16-08-2017 in the enclosed proforma so as to reach this Department latest by 31-08-2017.
Deputy Secretary to the Govt. of India
Source: Bharat Pensioners Samaj
Related to Your Search:
- Revision of PPO of pre-2006 pensioners / family pensioners – Even if age/date of birth of spouse is not available – reg.
- Revision of pensions of pre-2006 pensioners – Payment of Arrears from 01.01.2006 : CPAO Order dated 25.08.2015
- Revision of pension of pre-2006 pensioners – reg-Dated the 13 February, 2013
- Revision of pension of Pre-2006 disability pensioners and Family Pensioners effective from 1.1.2006 – Pensioners Portal Orders
- 7th CPC: Revision of provisional pension sanctioned under Rule 69 of the CCS (Pension) Rules, 1972
- Submission of e-Revision Authorities through the e-Revision utility by the PAOs
- Providing a link of CPAO website in the websites of Ministries/Departrnents and their attached/ subordinate offices to get the status of 7th CPC pension revision by the central civil pensioners
- Revision of pension/ family pension in respect of the Pensioners drawing compulsory retirement pension or compassionate allowance after compulsorily retirement/ dismissal/ removal from service
- Implementation of Government’s decision on the recommendation of the 7th Central Pay Commission – Revision of pension of pre-2016 pensioners / family pensioners etc