Ministry of Finance
Identification of Benami Properties
24 JUL 2018
Prohibition of Benami Property Transactions Act 1988 as amended by the Benami Transaction (Prohibition) Amendment Act, 2016 seeks to prohibit the Benami Transactions irrespective of the method by which the Benami Property is acquired. Such Benami Transactions include transactions in respect of movable as well as immovable properties.
As on 30/06/2018, provisional attachments have been made in more than 1600 Benami Transactions involving Benami Properties valued at over Rs. 4,300 crores.
The Government of India has taken various steps to identify Benami Properties. The Income-tax Department (ITD) has set-up 24 dedicated Benami Prohibition Units (BPUs) across India. These BPUs are involved in gathering information and matching the same with the data available for identifying the Benami Properties and taking effective action as per the provisions of Prohibition of Benami Property Transactions Act 1988 as amended by the Benami Transaction (Prohibition) Amendment Act, 2016.
This was stated by Shri Shiv Pratap Shukla, Minister of State for Finance in Written Reply to a question in Rajya Sabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- New Benami Transactions Informants Reward Scheme, 2018 launched by the Income Tax Department
- Benami Transactions (Prohibition) Amended Act, 2016
- Cabinet clears bill to check benami transactions
- Government to soon bring bill to curb benami transactions
- Reporting Cash Transactions under Rule 114E of Income Tax Rules, 1962
- ALL CENTRAL GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES WILL HAVE TO COMPULSORILY SUBMIT THEIR ASSETS AND LIABILITIES
- Rule 18 of the CCS Conduct Rules, 1964- regarding standard forms for intimation/ permission under the rules and expenditure incurred on repairs or minor construction work in respect of immovable property
- All tax payers to disclose their true income and pay appropriate taxes within the current financial year-Finance Minister
- Key changes to Mandatory Quoting of Pan Rules of the Income tax Act