Highlights of Railway Budget 2015
The key themes of the Budget were in line with Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s initiatives – Swachch Bharat Mission, Make in India and Digital India.
1 The most-expected part about this year’s Railway Budget – there is no increase in passsenger rail fares.
2 Rs.8.5 lakh crore will be invested in Railways in next 5 years.
3 ‘Operation 5 mins’, wherein passengers travellling unreserved can purchase a ticket in 5 minutes.
4 Bio toilets and airplane-type vaccum toilets in trains.
5 Surveillance cameras in select coaches and ladies compartments for women’s safety without compromising on privacy.
6 Rail tickets can now be booked 120 days in advance.
7 Speed on nine railway corridors to go up to 200 km per hour.
8 Wi-Fi in more stations, mobile phone charging facilities in all train compartments.
9 Facility of online booking of wheelchair for senior citizens.
10 Satellite railway terminals in major cities.
11 Centrally managed Rail Display Network is expected to be introduced in over 2K stations over the next 2 years.
12 All india 24/7 helpline – 138 from March 2015 ; Toll free No.182 for security.
13 917 road under-bridges and over-bridges to be constructed to replace 3,438 railway crossings; at a cost of Rs. 6,581 crore.
14 Four Railway Research Centres to start in four universities.
15 Details about new trains and increased frequency will be announced later in this session of Parliament after review.
Related to Your Search:
- Railway budget 2015: Introduction of SMS Alert in advance the updated arrival/departure time of trains
- Railways: Cleanliness and Maintenance of Passenger Rail Coaches
- Raiway Budget 2014: No Increase in Passenger Fares and Freight
- Safety and Security of Women Passengers in Railways
- Railway Budget 2014-15 : Rail Budget Seeks Course Correction, Avoids Populism
- Bullet Trains and Diamond Quadrilateral Network of High Speed Rail
- Outlay of Rs. 63,363 Crore Proposed in Rail Budget
- AIRF is greatly disappointed with Rail Budget 2014-15
- 200 more railway stations to have Wi-Fi in 2017