Ministry of Health and Family Welfare
Health Insurance Scheme for CGHS Beneficiaries
12 JUL 2019
The Sixth Central Pay Commission in its report had recommended the introduction of a Health Insurance Scheme for central government employees and pensioners and their dependent family members on pan India basis. Ministry of Health & Family Welfare has framed the draft health Insurance Scheme. OPD facilities are not covered under the proposed scheme. The draft scheme has been sent to the Department of Expenditure, Government of India, for appraisal and approval of the financial feasibility of the scheme.
The Minister of State (Health and Family Welfare), Sh Ashwini Kumar Choubey stated this in a written reply in the Lok Sabha here today.
Related to Your Search:
- Empanelment of Hospitals for Ayushman Bharat
- No specific time frame can be given for introduction of the New Health Insurance Scheme
- Delay in Payment to Empanelled Hospitals
- Non-Practicing allowance of Government Doctors – Loksabha
- Refusal to Admit CGHS Beneficiaries by Private Hospitals
- Pension – Medical Aid – New Health Insurance Scheme for Pensioners (including spouse) / Family Pensioners – Implementation of the Scheme- Orders – Issued
- One lakh benefitted under PMJAY health insurance scheme in one month of its launch
- Non issuing of prescribed medicines by CGHS Wellness Centres
- Opening of CGHS facility at Shimla, H.P.