Government of India
Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
Department of Health & Family Welfare
Dated the 16th January, 2013
I. SELECTION CRITERIA
1. Adult Liver diseases
|Acute liver failure||Non-Paracetamol (Viral, drug, induced, Wilson’s, Autoimmune hepatitis etc.)||Prothrombin time >100 sec or 3 of 5: Interval jaundice-encephalopathy > 7 days
Age < 10 or > 40 Years Prothrombin time > 50 sec. / INR > 3.5 Bilirubin > 30 umol/1 Cause non-viral or unknown.
|Paracetamol induced||Arterial Ph <7.30 or all 3 criteria Encephalopathy grade III or IV
Prothrombin time >100 sec./INR > 6.5 Creatinine >300 umol/I
|Chronic Liver disease||Cirrhosis (Non- Cholestatic)||Child-Pugh score >or equal 10 or Meld Score > 14|
|Cholestatic with or without Cirrhosis||According to American criteria based on MELD scoring|
|Miscellaneous||case to case basis|
|Single Tumor <6.5 cm or Two Tumors < or equal 4.5 cm
No Vascular invasion
No distant Metastasis
|Other types||Case to case basis|
2. Pediatric Liver diseases: – EHBA and Metabolic Liver Disease to be decided on case to case basis.
|Absolute||Systemic extra hepatic infcctions
Extra hepatic malignancy (if not definitely cured)
Irreversible brain damage
Irreversible multi-organ failure
Substance abusc ( if not abstinent for > 6 months)
Age > 65 years
Extra hepatic disease limiting the chance of survival
Residency outside India (unless emergency)
Liver Transplant Surgery shall be allowed only in Government Hospitals/ Pvt. Hospitals, which are registered under the Transplantation of Human Organs Act, 1994, as amended from time to time.
The Liver Transplant Surgery will be permitted / reimbursed only after the request has been approved and recommended by a Standing Committee, comprising of the following:
|1.||Addi. DG, CGHS/DDG (M) (as the case may be)||Chairman|
|2||HOD, GI Surgery, AIIMS||Member|
|3.||HOD, Gastroenterology and Human Nutrition,||Member AIIMS|
|4.||HOD, Gastroenterology, G.B. Pant Hospital||Member|
|5||HOD, GI Surgery, R&R Hospital||Member|
|6.||HOD, Gastroenterology, R&R Hospital||Member|
|7.||Joint Director (R & H), CGHS/Addl. DDG(MG-l1)||Member Secy.|
The above Standing Committee shall consider the cases in respect of CGHS as well as CS (MA) beneficiaries.
[V.P. Singh] Deputy Secretary to the Government of India
Related to Your Search:
- Guidelines and ceiling limit for Liver Transplant Surgery in respect of beneficiaries of Railway Medical Attendance Rules / RELHS.
- CGHS – Post-operative Follow-up treatment from Hospitals empanelled under CGHS in respect of critically ill CGHS beneficiaries
- CGHS Orders – New list of Private Hospitals & Diagnostic Centres under Continuous Empanelment Scheme of CGHS, Ahmedabad
- CGHS Rates for Cancer Surgery for hospitals empanelled under CGHS
- Emergency treatment in Central Government Health Scheme CGHS empanelled Hospitals
- CGHS Delhi and NCR: Revision of rates for various treatment procedures
- CGHS ORDERS – Permission for treatment / investigations in respect of CGHS beneficiaries availing treatment for Diabetes, Hypertension & other Cardiac Diseases, Dialysis and Cancer.
- Permission for treatment / investigations in respect of CGHS beneficiaries availing treatment for Diabetes, Hypertension & other Cardiac Diseases, Dialysis and Cancer
- Guidelines for special provisions to CGHS beneficiaries aged 80 years and above