Ministry of Finance
GST Revenue collection for April, 2019 recorded highest collection since GST implementation
Posted On: 01 MAY 2019 3:09PM by PIB Delhi
The total gross GST revenue collected in the month of April, 2019 is Rs 1,13,865 crore of which CGST is Rs 21,163 crore, SGST is Rs 28,801 crore, IGST is Rs 54,733 crore (including Rs 23,289 crore collected on imports) and Cess is Rs 9,168 crore (including Rs 1,053 crore collected on imports). The total number of GSTR 3B Returns filed for the month of March up to 30th April, 2019 is 72.13 lakh.
The government has settled Rs 20,370 crore to CGST and Rs 15,975 crore to SGST from IGST as regular settlement. Further, Rs 12,000 crore has been settled from the balance IGST available with the Centre on provisional basis in the ratio of 50:50 between Centre and States. The total revenue earned by Central Government and the State Governments after regular and provisional settlement in the month of April, 2019 is Rs 47,533 crore for CGST and Rs 50,776 crore for the SGST.
The revenue in April, 2018 was Rs 1,03,459 crore and the revenue during April, 2019 is a growth of 10.05% over the revenue in the same month last year. The revenue in April, 2019 is 16.05% higher than the monthly average of GST revenue in FY 2018-19 (Rs 98,114 crore).
Related to Your Search:
- GST Revenue Collections for the Financial Year 2017-18
- Final Monthly collection figures of GST
- FinMin sets up two panels for roll out of GST from April 2016
- Government Hopeful of Passing GST Bills in next phase of Budget Session
- Tax collection figures for the period April -December 2016 show a positive trend
- No let-up in sanction of GST Refunds
- No GST is applicable on free food supplied in anna kshetras run by religious institutions
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Goods and Services Tax (GST)
- Centre, states reach consensus on GST rollout from July 1