Training Allowance in 7th CPC – Revised rates admissible in Defence Training Establishment: MoD Order dt 28.11.2019
No. PC-1(16)/ 2017/ D(Pay/Services)/Pt. II
Government of India
Ministry of Defence
New Delhi, the 28th Nov 2019
The Chief of the Army Staff
The Chief of the Naval Staff
The Chief of the Air Staff
Subject: Recommendations of the Seventh Central Pay Commission – Implementation of decision relating to the grant of Training Allowance.
I am directed to refer to MoD letter No. 1(26)/97/VI/ D(Pay/Services) dated 29.02.2000, Nos. 1/54/ 2008/ D(Pay/Services) and 1/55/ 2008/ D(Pay/Services) both dated 04.11.2008 and Department of Personnel and Training OM No. 13024/01/2016-Trg. Ref. dated 24.10.2017 and 12.11.2018 and to say that consequent upon the decision taken by the Government on the recommendations of the Seventh Central Pay Commission vide Ministry of Finance Resolution No. 11-1/2016-IC dated 06th July 2017, Instructional Allowance has been abolished as a separate
allowance w.e.f. 01.07.2017 and Training Allowance shall now be admissible to the eligible personnel, at the following rates:
|In National /Central Training Academies and Institutes for Group ‘A’ Officers mentioned under Appendix ‘A’||24% of Basic Pay|
|In other Training Establishments mentioned under Appendix ‘B’||12% of Basic Pay|
Also check: 7TH PAY COMMISSION TRANSPORT ALLOWANCE
2. Admissibility of this allowance will be regulated in the following manner:
(i) Training allowance will be admissible only to faculties who join the training academies/ institutes/ establishments for imparting training for a specified period of time and are then likely to go back.
(ii) Training allowance will be admissible to faculty members excluding those not covered by these guidelines as indicated in sub para (v) without any ceiling and will not form part of pay as defined in F.R. 9(21), but will count for purpose of leave salary.
(iii) Training allowance will continue to be drawn for the period the trainer is on study or tour related to training activities.
(iv) Such training allowance will also be admissible to personnel who goes on deputation as a faculty member to an autonomous training institutions aided by the Central Government which inter-alia trains Group ‘A’ Government officials.C Pay Matrix Level in the case of employees who are in 6th CPC – 1S Pay Band (Rs.4440-440) + GP 1300
(v) Training allowance will not be admissible to those permanent faculties of training academies/ institutes/ establishments who have been recruited directly by the training academies/ institutes/ establishments for imparting training.
(vi) Deputation (Duty) Allowance will not be payable during the period in which the trainers are in receipt of Training allowance.
(vii) Standard cooling off period between tenures will apply.
3. The term ‘Basic Pay’ for the purpose of these orders refers to basic pay as defined in relevant Army/ Air Force Pay Rules and Navy Pay Regulations.
4. Institutes either discontinued/ disbanded from the list of training establishments mentioned under MoD letter No. 1(26)/97/VI/ D(Pay/Services) dated 29.02.2000 are mentioned under Appendix ‘C’
5. Officers/JCOs/ORs deployed on administrative/logistic duties m these Training institutes will not be entitled for Training Allowance.
6. These orders shall be effective from 1st July, 2017.
7. This issues with the concurrence of Ministry of Defence (Finance) vide their ID No. 3(8)/ 2019/AG/PA/ 212-PA dated 26.11.2019.
Encl. As above
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India
Related to Your Search:
- 7th Pay Commission – Revision of rate of Training Allowance – DoPT Order
- 7th Pay Commission – Revision of rate of Training Allowance
- Revision of rate of Training Allowance and Sumptuary Allowance- Clarification by DoPT
- Revision of rates of Training Allowances and abolition of Sumptuary Allowance for Training Institutes
- 7th CPC recommended to upgrade to Apex Scale
- Heads of NDC, NDA and DSSC institutions should be upgraded to Apex Scale – 7th Pay Commission
- Implementation of Government’s decision on the recommendations of the Seventh Pay Commission – Revision of rate of Training Allowance
- Implementation of the recommendations of 7th Central Pay Commission – abolishment of Sumptuary Allowance.
- Bureaucrats on central deputation abroad and within the country will not get deputation allowance beyond five years of such tenure