West Bengal Government employees news
Government of West Bengal
Block – IV, 2nd Floor, Writers Buildings
Kolkata – 700 001.
Memo . No.351 – F(Pen) Dated: Kolkata, the 7th August 2012
Subject : Grant of ex-gratia payment to the state Government Pensioners
The undersigned is directed by order of the Governor to say that in order to provide some relief to the state government Pensioners during the ensuring festivals, the Governor has been pleased to decide that all state Government Pensioners including the holders of provisional pension who retired prior to 30.9.2011 and also the pensioners who retired or died after 30.9.2011 but prior to 01.09.2012 and whose basic pension plus relief on pension as on March 31, 2012 did not exceed Rs.22000 (Rupees twenty two thousand only and are not eligible for ad-hoc bonus shall be paid an exgratia grant of Rs.900/- (Rupees nine hundred) only in lump per head.
2. The charge is debitable to the head 2071 Pensions and other retirement Benefits – 01 Civil – 800 other Expenditure – Np-001 fund required for meeting other expenditure V-04-Pension / Gratuities during the current financial year.
3. The ex-gratia grant sanctioned herein will also be admissible to :
i) The Holders of family pension, ex-gratia family pension and adhoc family pension.
ii) Pensioners (including widow pension holders) who draw their pension sanctioned under French Pension Rules.
iii) Holders of extra-ordinary pension and
iv) Holders of ex-gratia pension
The benefit will also be admissible to the pensioners of the undivided Government of Bengal and the pensions of the erstwhile east Pakistan (now Bangladesh) Government who migrated to West Bengal and are receiving pension under “Provisional Payment of Pension Scheme”
4. The ex-gratia grant sanctioned herein will not be admissible to the special categories of pensioners such as.
i) Pensioners who have migrated from Pakistan
ii) Political Pensioners
iii) Special Pensioners
iv) War Risk Pensioners
v) Pensioners governed by the All India Services Rules
5. The benefit will also not be admissible to those who are entitled to ad-hoc bonus sanctioned by the state Government and those who are employed /re-employed under any public undertakings / Statutory Bodies under the Government and are in receipt of bonus or ex-gratia payment in lieu there of during the current financial year.
6. State Government pensioners who draw their pension through public sector banks will get this ex-gratia grant through their respective Bank Accounts. The Principal accountant General (A&E) West Bengal will issue an authority for this purpose to all such Banks under the Kolkata payment Scheme immediately on receipt of this order so the pensioners may draw the exgratia grant immediately to make their commitments for their festival. The Treasury/sub treasury office will take appropriate steps for issue of cheque to the respective paying branches of the Banks and post offices, so that the pensioners receiving pension through Banks and Money Order get the payment of ex-gratia immediately to meet their commitments for their festival. No authority of the Principal Accountant General (A&E) West Bengal will be required for this purpose.
7. Subject to para 6 above, this order will also be applicable to those who are eligible for this ex-gratia grant but whose pension/family pension has not yet been sanctioned. In their cases and in the case of persons who are drawing provisional pension, this amount of ex-gratia will be drawn by the authority competent to draw provisional pension in the same manner as the amount of provisional pension is drawn by him. In their cases, the facts of payment of ex-gratia grant should be intimated to the Principal Accountant General (A&E) West Bengal at the time of forwarding their pension papers for final sanction of pension.
This benefit of ex-gratia grant of Rs.900 per head as has been sanctioned in this memorandum for the state Government pensioners will also be allowed to the teaching and non-teaching Pensioners of State aided Non-Government Educational Institutions and Pensioners of Panchayats the Pensioners of Municipal Corporations / Municipalities / Local Bodies and other Organisations for whom pension is authorized either by the Accountant General, West Bengal or the DPPG, West Bengal. In such cases the respective Administrative Departments may sanction the benefit of ex-gratia payment at Rs.,900/- per head this year to the pensioners concerned under their control without making any further reference to Pension Branch of this Department.
The payment of ex-gratia as sanctioned herein above should be made in between 10th August 2012 o 17tg August 2012 for the Muslim Pensioners /family and other than Muslim pensioners / Family pensioners the benefits should be disbursed in between 5th October 2012 to 12th October 2012.
Related to Your Search:
- Granting of Rs.1000 as Ex-Gratia to the state pensioners of West Bengal
- Grant of ex-gratia payment to the State Government Pensioners
- Grant of Dearness Relief to Central Government pensioners who are in receipt of provisional pension or pension in the per-revised scale of 5th CPC w.e.f. 1.7.2012
- Dearness Allowance for West Bengal Government Employees 3 percent of revised basic pay with effect from Jan 1, 2021
- Grant of Dearness Relief to Rajasthan State Government Pensioners revised from 17% to 28% DR Order Dated 15-July-2021
- Grant of Dearness Relief to Pensioners who are in receipt of provisional pension – Revised rate effective from 1.7.2016 on implementation of decision taken on recommendation of 7th Central Pay Commission
- Dearness Relief DR – 12% to 17% to Rajasthan State Government Pensioners with effect from July 1,2019
- Grant of Dearness Allowance to West Bengal State Government Employees and also Dearness Relief to the Pensioners Family Pensioners
- 7th CPC: Revision of provisional pension sanctioned under Rule 69 of the CCS (Pension) Rules, 1972