Central Government Pension News
No.1/7/2017- P&PW (F)
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Pension and Pensioners Welfare
3nd Floor, Lok Nayak Bhawan,
Khan Market, New Delhi-110003
July 28, 2020
Subject: Grant of disability pension, comprising service element and disability clement to pre-2006 disability pensioners, who were boarded out from service, with less than 10 years of qualifying service, due to an injury/ disability, attributable to Govt. service – regarding.
The undersigned is directed to say that, considering the hardship being faced by the disabled Government servants, covered under the provisions of CCS (EOP) Rules, the Government had decided to dispense with the minimum service required for earning service element of disability pension, with effect from 01.01.2006 and orders were issued vide OM No.33/5/2009-P&PW (F). dated 10th December 2010.
- A doubt has been raised whether the provision of the aforesaid OM, dated 10.12.2010, would be applicable to the Government servants who were boarded out of service, prior to 01.01.2006, with a qualifying service of less than ten years.
- The matter has been examined and it is clarified that Central Civil Government servants who were boarded out, prior to 01.01.2006, with a qualifying service of less than ten years and were in receipt of only the disability element of disability pension, would also be eligible for the service element of disability pension, w.e.f. 01.01.2006, in addition to the disability clement.
- For calculating the disability pension w.e.f. 01.01.2006, the disability pension comprising, both the service element and the disability clement, will be notionally fixed from the date of boarding out and the same will be notionally revised in accordance with the orders tor revision of disability pension. issued from time to time. The actual payment of such revised disability pension would be payable only w.e.f. 01.01.2006, No arrears on account of grant of service element, for the period prior to 01.01.2006, would be admissible. The amount of service gratuity, if any paid, to the Government servant at the time of boarding out would be adjusted from the arrears of pension accruing as a result of these orders.
- This issues with the concurrence of the Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure, vide their ILD. Note No. 1(9)/EV/2019 dated 25/06/2020.
- In their application to the persons belonging to Indian Audit and Accounts Department, these orders are issued under Article 148(5) of the Constitution and after consultation with the Comptroller and Auditor General of India.
- The Administrative Divisions of all Ministries / Department & attached / subordinate offices are requested to bring the contents of these instructions to the notice of all concerned for compliance.
Related to Your Search:
- Centre Enhances disability Pension to those who Retired before 2006
- Special benefits in cases of death & disability in service : Revision of Disability Pension / Family Pension of Pre-2006 disability Pensioners/ Family Pensioners
- Huge relief to CAPF personnel to extend Disability Compensation – Employees covered under NPS will get benefits under Rule 9 of Extra Ordinary Pension (EOP)
- 7th CPC: Revision of Disability/ War Injury pension for pre-1.1.2016 Defence Forces pensioners
- Revision of pension of Pre-2006 disability pensioners and Family Pensioners effective from 1.1.2006 – Pensioners Portal Orders
- Minimum Guaranteed Pension for Disability/War injury element as per CSC 2012 recommendation.
- Special benefits in cases of death and disability in service – Pensioners Portal Orders
- Revision of disability pension and family pension under CCS(EOP)Rules to pre 1996 and pre-2006 disability pensioners and family pension under CCS (EOP) Rules
- Special benefits in cases of death and disability in service – 7th Central Pay Commission