Grant of Advances- 7th Central Pay Commission recommendations-Amendment to rules on Computer Advance to Railway servants
Government of India (Bharat Sarkar)
Ministry of Railways (Rail Mantralaya)
PC-VII No : 15/2017
RBE No. 10/2017
No. F(E) Spl./2016/ADV.4/1(7th CPC)
The General Managers and FA&CAOs
All Indian Railways & Production Units
(As per standard list)
Subject: Grant of Advances- Seventh Central Pay Commission recommendations-Amendment to rules on Computer Advance to Railway servants.
Consequent upon the decision taken by the Government on the recommendations of Seventh Central Pay Commission, the Ministry of Finance vide their OM No. 12(1)/E.II(A)/2016 dated 07.10.2016 have amended the eligibility criteria in the existing provisions relating to the grant of Personal Computer Advance.
2. Amendment conditions of grant of Computer Advance are as follows:
|Personal Computer Advance||ƻ50,000/- or actual price of PC, whichever is lower.||All Government Servants|
|The Computer Advance will be allowed maximum five times in the entire service.|
|The other terms and conditions governing the grant of Personal computer advance shall remain unchanged.|
3. Further, Ministry of Finance in their ibid OM have also decided that the other interest bearing advances relating to Motor Car Advance and Motorcycle/Scooter/Moped Advance will stand discontinued.
4. The above mentioned OM of Ministry of Finance relating to grant of interest bearing advances will apply mutatis-mutandis to Railway employees also.
4.1 So far as the interest free advances are concerned, Bicycle and Warm clothing advances stands abolished for Railway employees also in terms of MoF’s decision.
4.2 Orders relating to other interest free advances will be issued separately by concerned Directorates.
5. Necessary Advance Correction Slip to the chapter XI of the Indian Railway Establishment Manual, Vol.I Revised Edition, 1989 will follow.
6. The revised orders are effective from 07.10.2016 i.e. the date of the issue of the aforesaid OM of the Ministry of Finance. Past cases where the advances have already been sanctioned under the provisions of earlier rules on the subject need not be reopened.
7. Please acknowledge receipt.
8. Hindi version will follow.
Dy. Director Finance (Estt.)
Related to Your Search:
- Whether iPad comes under the definition of personal Computer for the purpose of grant of Computer Advance?
- Interest Rate on Computer Advance for Railway employees
- Advances to Central Govt Employees 9.8% Rate of Interest for Computer Purchases in 2021-2022
- Rate of interest on computer advance for central government employees 2020-2021
- Advances for Medical Treatment, TA on Tour or Transfer and LTC are retained: Finmin Orders
- Advance to Government Servants for purchase of Computer Rate of interest 9.8 percent per annum during 2022-2023
- Grant of Advances – 7th Central Pay Commission recommendations – Amendment to rules on House Building Advance (HBA) to Railway servants
- Advances to Government Servants – Rate of interest for purchase of Computer during 2020-2021
- 7th CPC HBA – Amendment to Rules on House Building Advance