Press Information Bureau
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
24-July-2012 16:44 IST
Government Favours Training of Officials to Ensure Better Efficiency: V Narayansamy
Minister of State for Personnel,
Public Grievances & Pensions and Prime Minister’s Office, Shri, V.
Narayansamy inaugurated the newly renovated library and new administration block complex of Institute of Secretariat Training & Management (ISTM) in New Delhi today. (Photograph of inauguration available on PIB website). Speaking on the occasion, Shri Narayansamy said that the Government is planning to expand its training facilities as training is instrumental in keeping officers/officials updated and increasing efficiency. Training equips them for better service delivery. The Minister said that training curriculum should be designed as to make it more interesting and participative. He assured all support to Institute of Secretariat Training & Management in broad-basing its training base and facilities to meet current as well as future challenges.
Director, ISTM, K.G. Verma, in his remarks, said that the Institute had conducted 297 courses and trained 7841 personnel of various levels in 2011-12. He further said that ISTM is working towards capacity building for
National Training Policy 2012 and operationalisation of Master e-Governance Training Plan. Setting up of Centre for Transparency for more effective implementation of RTI Act and making training available online were
other priority areas, he said. Secretary, Department of Personnel & Training (DoPT), Shri P.K. Mishra and senior officers of DoPT were present on the occasion.
The Institute of Secretarial Training & Management is a government Centre of excellence in the area of Secretariat Training Management in India. It is an attached office of Department of Personnel & Training, Government of India.
Established in the year 1948, it stands for ideals of “Efficiency and the Public Good”. The Institute imparts training various grades of officers in the Central Secretariat and Allied Services. During the last 64 years, the activities of the institute have expanded manifold and it is the leading Training Institute in the country imparting training to officials the Central and State government, Public Sector Undertakings and Autonomous Bodies, in a number of specialized areas. The Institute is expected to play a key role in the Central Secretariat Service and the Central Secretariat Stenographers Service in implementation of competency based training approach. The Institute is planning to setup a Learning Resource Centre as envisaged in the National Training Policy.
Related to Your Search:
- DoPT: 3-days Orientation Programme to be held from 18th-20th March 2019 for Directors and Deputy Secretaries joining the Central Secretariat under the Central Staffing Scheme
- Amendment in Recruitment Rules for the post of Assistant Director (English Shorthand & Typewriting) in the Institute of Secretariat Training & Management
- Handbook for Inquiry Officers and Disciplinary Authorities
- Cadre Training Plan for the Stenographers Grade ‘D’ of CSSS-reg.
- Revision in the room rent of the ISTM Hostel
- Amendment of Recruitment Rules for the post of Training Equipment Operator (TEO) in the pay level-5 of pay matrix in the ISTM
- Travelling Allowance on training period while on Probation
- Admissibility of Travelling Allowance (TA) and other expenditure incurred while on training by the Government Servants on probation
- One-week In-service Training Programme for AIS Officers (IAS, IPS & IFoS), officers working under the Central Staffing Scheme and officers of CSS/CSSS (DS/Sr. PPS and above) at Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), Mumbai