GDS for National Holidays
No. 23-01/2019 -GDS
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg,
All Chief Postmaster General/Postmasters General
Subject: Payment of TRCA on Sunday/Holidays to the GDS working against vacancies in Postman/ Mail Guard/MTS Cadre.
It has come to notice that payment of TRCA to persons working substitute of regular GDS for National Holidays are being paid, whereas para 1 and para 4(ii) of Directorate OM No. No. 23-01/2019-GDS dated 23.10.2019 stipulates “that no extra payment on account of National Holiday will be made to persons working substitute of GDS in view of fact that payment of remuneration to GDS is made on monthly basis”. Resultantly, this has been objected by C&AG Audit and recovery of overpayment of wages to substitutes for Gramin Dak Sevaks raised.
2. In this context, however, it is clarified that, the persons working substitute of GDS may be paid TRCA for Sunday, if he/she continuously works for 6 days. But, no extra payment on account of National Holidays will be made to persons working substitute of GDS in view of fact that payment of remuneration to GDS is made on monthly basis.
3. This issues with the approval of the Competent Authority.
Assistant Director General (GDS/PCC)
(1) OG Audit (F/C) Civil Lines New Delhi-110054 : For information.
(2) Director, Internal Audit, Internal Audit Division, Dak Bhawan New Delhi- 110001: For information.
Related to Your Search:
- GDS Latest News 2020 – Payment of TRCA on Sundays/Holidays to the GDS working against Leave vacancies/Vacant posts in Postman/Mail Guard/MTS Cadre
- Payment of revised waves Oct the outsider/substitute GDS who are working in short-term vacancies of regular GDS posts
- Grant of revised TRCA to the genuine substitutes of GDS from 01.07.2018 – DOP
- Revision of monthly remuneration to the contract para-medical staff in Railways
- NFIR: TA/DA, PF, Pass, Medical and accommodation facilities to the contract Para-Medical Staff working in Railways
- Huge injustice in fixation of TRCA of Gramin Dak Sevaks as also in calculation and payment of arrears
- Remuneration to be paid to the Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) engaged as substitutes in short term vacancies of Postmen/Mail Guards and MTS
- Revision of remuneration rates in para-medical categories in Group ‘C’ on contract basis – Railway Board Order
- Revised eligibility criteria for engagement to Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS) posts