Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances & Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
Lok Nayak Bhawan,
Khan Market, New Delhi.
Dated the 19th June, 2020
Subject : Further Extension of timelines for Recording of Annual Performance Assessment Report (APAR) for the year 2019-20 in respect of Group ‘A’, ‘B’ and ‘C’ officers of CSS/ CSSS/ CSCS through SPARROW portal – reg.
The undersigned is directed to refer to O.M. of even number dated 22.05.2020 read with Estt. Division, DoPT O.Ms. No. 21011/01/2009-Estt.(A)(Pt.II) dated 27.03.2020 and O.M. No.21011/02/2015-Estt.(A-II) (Pt.II) dated 30.03.2020 and 11.6.2020, wherein various dates for completion of recording of Annual Performance Assessment Report (APAR) online on SPARROW web portal across all the Group ‘A’, ‘B’ and ‘C’ officers of CSS /CSSS/ CSCS for the year 2019-20 were extended.
2. In view of the prevailing situation, it has been decided to further extend the timelines for distribution/online generation, recording and completion of APARs of Group ‘A’, ‘B’ and ‘C’ officers of CSS/ CSSS/ CSCS for the year 2019-20, as a one-time measure, as specified in the Annexure.
3. The extended timelines for the APAR year 2019-20 shall also apply to the Reporting/ Reviewing/Accepting Authorities, who have demitted office or retired from service on or after 29.02.2020 and they shall be allowed to record their remarks till the respective extended cut-off dates as given in the Annexure.
4. Further, the decision conveyed vide this Department O.M.21011/02/2015-Estt.(A-II) (Pt.11) dated 22.5.2020 delinking recording and completion of APAR for the year 2019-20 from the conducting of Annual Medical Examination and thereafter submission of summary of Medical Report by 31.12.2020, shall continue.
5. Accordingly, all Ministries/ Departments are requested to take necessary action from generation stage to completion stage of APAR online process on SPARROW in respect of Group ‘A’, ‘B’ and ‘C’ officers of CSS/ CSSS/ CSCS and complete all APAR activities for 2019-20 by 31.3.2021.
6. This issues with the approval of competent authority.
(P. B. Sahu)
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India
No. 22/2/2020-CS-I (APAR) dt. 19.6.2020
|SI.No.||Activity||Date by which activity to be completed.|
|1||Distribution of blank forms/ online generation of APAR||By 31st July 2020 or earlier|
|2||Submission of Self- appraisal to reporting officer||31st August, 2020|
|3||Submission of report by reporting officer to reviewing officer||30th Sept 2020|
|4||Forwarding of report by reviewing officer to APAR Cell/ Accepting Authority (wherever provided)||15th November, 2020|
|5||Appraisal by Accepting Authority, wherever provided||31st December, 2020|
|6||(i) Disclosure of APAR to the officer reported upon where there is no accepting authority||31st December, 2020|
|(ii) Disclosure of APAR to the officer reported upon where there is accepting authority||15th January, 2021|
|7||Receipt of representation, if any, on APAR||15 days from the date of communication|
|8||Receipt of representation to the competent authority|
|(a) Where there is no accepting authority for APAR||31st January, 2021|
|(b)Where there is accepting authority for APAR||15th January, 2021|
|9||Disposal of representation by the competent authority||Within one month of the date of receipt of representation by the competent authority|
|10||Communication of the decision of the competent authority on the representation by the APAR cell||Within 15 days of finalization of decision by competent authority|
|11||End of entire APAR process, after which APAR will be finally taken on record||31st March, 2021|
*Not applicable to CSS Officers. The Reporting Officer in case of CSSS officers will send his / her report to Administration / CR Section, wherever provided.
Related to Your Search:
- DoPT – Introduction of SPARROW for all the cadre of CSS, CSSS and CSCS – extension of timelines for completion of APAR online on SPARROW portal for the year 2018-19
- Online generation and recording of Annual Performance Assessment Report (APAR) on SPARROW for CSS & CSSS Group A officers – Extension of timelines for completion of APAR for the financial year 2017-18.
- Online generation and recording of Annual Performance Assessment Report (APAR) on SPARROW (Smart Performance Appraisal Report Recording Window) for all Organised Group ‘A’ services – Extension of timelines for completion of APAR for the year 2016-17
- DoPT Order – Online generation and recording of APAR on SPARROW of Group ‘A’, ‘B’ and ‘C’ officers
- DoPT: Online generation and recording of Annual Performance Assessment Report (APAR)
- Extension of timelines for recording of Annual Performance Assessment Report (APAR) of Group A, B and C officer of Central Civil Services for the year 2019-2020 – DoPT
- APAR submission last date of Group A, B, and C officers in the CCS have been extended
- DoPT: Recording of Annual Performance Appraisal Report – APAR for the financial year 2017-18 in respect of CSS and CSSS officers – ALERT
- Online submission of APARs by officers of MoD for the Assessment Year 2019-2020