Framing of guidelines for smooth functioning of Persons with Disabilities (PwDs) in their duties in Government services – Dopt order
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grieances and Pensions
Department of Personnel ami Training
North Block, New Delhi
Dated 10th June, 2013
Subject : Framing of guidelines for smooth functioning of Persons with Disabilities (PwDs) in their duties in Government services.
The undersigned is directed to inform that a Committee has been constituted under the Chairmanship of Joint Secretary (AT&A), DoPT to identify measures and prepare guidelines to enable smooth functioning of Persons with Disabilities in their duties in Government service.
2. With this aim in view, the National Institute for the Visually Handicapped, Dehradun (under the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment) has authorised NAB, India Centre for Blind Women and Disability Studies, New Delhi to undertake the field study in this regard. The NAB would undertake field study in this Department for at least two days covering the following aspects:
(i) to gain an insight into the work content and gauge the feasibility of PwDs working on those jobs
(ii) execute some trials by blind or low vision persons at these tasks to verify the feasibility
(iii) obtain feedback from peers and supervisors.
3. It is requested to extend fullest cooperation to the NAB and the queries raised by them during their visit in your Ministry/Department are responded so that the scope of work in identified jobs and feasibility of PwDs working on those jobs could be gauged by them.
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India
Related to Your Search:
- Railway: Recruitment of Persons with disabilities from open market; Instructions issued by Railway Board
- Guidelines for providing certain facilities in respect of persons with disabilities for efficient performance of their duties
- Constitution of a Committee in the Department of Posts to identify GDS posts suitable for benchmark feasibility prescribed in Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016
- Reservation for Persons with Disabilities (PWDs) for recruitment from open market – List of posts identified suitable for them- regarding.
- Corrigendum on Recruitment of Persons with disabilities from open market
- Identification of jobs/posts for persons with Disabilities- review thereof.
- Welfare Measures for Persons with Disabilities
- Monitoring of progress for filling up of vacancies for Persons with Disabilities (PwDs)
- THE DRAFT RIGHTS OF PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES BILL, 2012