7th CPC latest news today notification
Fixation of pay of medically unfit running staff on being appointed against alternative posts in revised 7th CPC pay structure
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS
New Delhi dated 14.10.2019
The General Manager (P)s
All Zonal Railways and Production Units
& RDSO etc.
(As per standard list)
Subject: Fixation of pay of disabled/medically unfit running staff on being appointed against alternative (stationary) posts in revised (7th CPC) pay structure
As the Zonal Railways am aware, pay of medically unfit Railway servants while absorbing them in alternative post is presently fixed as per instructions contained in Board’s letter No.E(NG)I-2008/RE-3/4 dated 30.04.2013. These provisions provides that while determining pay in Pay Band for the purpose of fixation of pay of medically unfit running staff in alternative (stationary) post, an amount equal to such percentage of basic pay (pay in Pay Band + Grade Pay) representing pay element of running allowance as may be in force from time to time may be added to the existing pay in Pay Band and the resultant figure (ignoring the fraction of rupee, if any) rounded off to the next multiple of 10, would be the pay in the Pay Band in the alternative post with no change in the Grade Pay of substantive post, in suitable alternative post.
2. The above issue of pay fixation of medically disabled / unfit running staff on such circumstances in pursuance of the 7th CPC regime has been under consideration of Board. It is pointed out that upto and including the 5th CPC pay regime, the pay scales had fixed stages and method of pay fixation of such running staff was governed in terms of para Nos. 1307 and 1308 of Board’s letter No.E(NG)I-96/RE-3/9(2) dated 29.04.1999. With the restoration of fixed and defined pay intervals in the form of distinct cells within each pay level in the 7th CPC pay matrix, it is clarified that the principles of pay fixation enunciated in Board’s letter ibid which will now hold good. This means that while fixing the pay of a medically decategorised running staff in an alternative stationary post if the resultant pay (after 30% addition) does not correspond to any cell, in the same pay level, then the pay will be fixed in the next – below cell of the same pay level and difference in pay will be protected as personal pay which will be adjusted in future increment (s).
3. It may also be noted that pay fixation as per para – 2 above will not apply for medical de-categorisation cases of 6th CPC regime, covered under Board’s letter dated 30.04.2013 referred to at para 01 above.
This issues with the concurrence of Finance Directorate of Ministry of Railways.
Please acknowledge receipt.
Deputy Director Estt.(N)
Related to Your Search:
- Fixation of pay of disabled/medically unfit running staff on being appointed against alternative (stationary) posts in revised (6th CPC) pay structure
- Pensionary benefits of medically decategorised running staff opt for voluntary Retirement
- Medically incapacitated staff of Railway Protection Force / Railway Protection Special Force may be absorbed in alternative jobs
- Reckoning of pay element for fixation of pay of running staff in stationary posts in Group B
- Appointment on Compassionate grounds of dependent of medically unfit staff on the Railways
- Large number of zonal railway employees medically decategorised were waiting for absorption in alternative posts
- Revised methodology for fixing the pay of Running Staff category in 7th CPC scales
- Implementation of the recommendations of 7th CPC – Fitment Factor and Pay Fixation for Running Staff
- Pay fixation to Running Staff while granting financial upgradation in the identical Grade Pay (VI CPC) under MACPS – Reckoning Special Running Staff Allowance for pay fixation