Special Festival Package Advance for GDS
Government of India
Ministry of Communications
Department of Posts
Dak Bhawan, Sansad Marg
Subject : Extension of Grant of Advance- Special Festival Package to all approved category of Gramin Dak Sevaks.
The undersigned is directed to say that with a view to enable Gramin Dak Sevak to meet expenses relating to festivals and to encourage spending thereby giving a boost to economic activities, in pursuance of decision taken by the Department in consultation with AS & FA and Department of Expenditure, Ministry of Finance, it has been decided that a special festival package advance will be accorded to all approved category of Gramin Dak Sevaks for any important festivals upto 31st March, 2021 :
(i) Advance of Special Festival Package may be granted to a Gramin Dak Sevak if she/he fulfills the following conditions.-
(a) GDS should be is on duty and engaged regularly.
(b) The amount of package should not be granted to those GDSs who are going to discharge from engagement within 10 months from the date of sanction of advance.
(c) Provisionally engaged GDSs and substitute engaged against leave vacancy of GDS will not be entitled to this package.
(d) GDS who are under Put Off duty-disciplinary proceedings/cases are pending will not be entitled to this package.
(ii) Head of office may sanction this festival package on the eve of any important festival to GDS under his administration control. The term “important festival: is clarified as such festivals or one of such festivals as Head of Department may declare in respect of establishment under his/her administration control.
(iii) The amount of the package is Rs5000/- to be paid as advance to Gramin Dak Sevak. This amount is interest-free. The amount would be released through a pre-loaded Rupay Card from SBI. DDQs, on receipt of application from GDS for this package, may process and acquire the prepaid cards from SBI for the issue among the applicants. A detailed SOP issued by the Ministry of Finance, Department of Expenditure vide their OM No. 12/2/2020-E IIA (Pt. dated 13th October, 2020 is enclosed for obtaining these pre-loaded Rupay cards with an amount of Rs.5000/-. The amount paid under this package is recoverable in not more than ten (10) equally installment.
(iv) GDSs are outside of the Civil service of the Union and shall not claim to be at par with Central Government employees on grant/sanction of this Special Festival package.
(v) These order will take effect from the date of issuance of this Office Memorandum and will be in force during the current financial year till 31st March, 2021.
2. This issue has the concurrence of IFW vide their diary No.86 dated 20.01.2021.
(Dr. Vincent Barla)
Related to Your Search:
- FinMin Order – Grant of Festival Advance to Central Government Employees
- Interest free advance amount Rs. 10,000/- as a Special Festival Package to be paid in advance to Central Government employees
- Disbursement of pre-paid UTSAV Card to the Central Government Employees advance before Deepawali – Special festival package
- Festival Advance to Government Employees – Tamil Nadu Government Order 2019
- Maternity Leave for the female Gramin Dak Sevaks (Female GDS) in the Department of Posts
- Implementation of recommendations of One-Man Committee on issue of Identity cards to the Gramin Dak Sevaks (GDS)
- Issuance of Pre-Loaded Rupay Cards for Central Government Servants as part of Special Festival Advance 31st December 2020
- Department of Posts Order – Grant of Advance – Special Festival Package to Government Servants
- Special festival advance scheme for central government employees – PIB