Ex-Servicemen Status for Ex-NDA Cadets
26 cadets were declared medically unfit and withdrawn from training due to injuries during the last three years and the current year as per details given below:-
Spring Term 2014 – 05
Autumn Term 2014 – 01
Spring Term 2015 – 07
Autumn Term 2015 – 04
Spring Term 2016 – 01
Autumn Term 2016 – 06
Spring Term 2017 – 02
Autumn Term 2017 – NIL
NDA cadets who are medically boarded out are not being granted Ex-servicemen (ESM) status as the NDA cadets are not yet commissioned as officers and are therefore not counted as “Servicemen”.
Government is implementing schemes for the welfare of NDA cadets . The following schemes are being implemented:
- Ex-Gratia Awards in cases of Disablement:- The cadet on being medically boarded out is entitled for following benefits:-
- Ex-gratia amount – Rs. 3,500/- p.m.
- Ex-gratia disability award – Rs. 6,300/- p.m. (100% disability).
- Constant Attendance Allowance – Rs. 3,000/- p.m. (100% disability as recommended in invaliding medical board).
AGIF Insurance Cover for NDA Cadets:-
- Disability:- Rs. 7.5 Lakhs for 100 percent disability proportionately reduced to Rs.1.5 lakhs for 20 % disability.
- Ex-gratia Grant:- Rs. 50,000/- per cadet being invalided out with less than 20% of disability in the first two years of training and Rs. 1 lakh for cadets if invalided out with less than 20% of disability during the last year of training.
Preference in Employment in the Government Jobs: Cadets who are invalidated out on medical grounds attributable to military training are accorded Priority-1 for the purpose of employment in Government service.
The cadet consequent to his injury is provided free medical treatment in Military Hospital, Command Hospital and Research & Referral Hospital, Delhi. The cadet is only invalidated out in the medical board if he does not recover from the injury and is found unfit for further military training with the aforesaid treatment. The data on expenditure incurred on such treatment is not maintained.
This information was given by Minister of State for Defence Dr. Subhash Bhamre in a written reply to Shri Parimal Nathwani in Rajya Sabha today.
Related to Your Search:
- Disability pension and compensation to ex servicemen and cadets
- Grant of Ex-servicemen status to recruits boarded out on Medical grounds with disability pension
- Implementation of Government’s decision on the recommendations of the 7th Central Pay Commission (CPC) – Revision of pension of pro-1.1.2016 Defence Forces pensioners/ family pensioners etc
- Format to Issue Medical Disability Certificate for allotment of Government Accommodation
- Status of ex-servicemen Definition
- Debit and Credit note for treatment of patient (Railway Medical Beneficiary) to other Railway Hospital with or without referral – Simplification of Process
- Pension Scheme for Military Personnel and Financial Assistance from Raksha Mantri’s Discretionary Fund (RMDF): Lok Sabha Q&A
- Ex-servicemen Welfare – Tipper Attachment Scheme for Widows and Disabled ESM
- Fixation of Pay of re-employed pensioners – treatment of Military Service Pay (MSP)