EPS Pensioners protesting in Delhi on 27 February for the minimum monthly pension
All-India EPS-95 Pensioners Sangharsh Samiti will take out a march from the Jantar Mantar to the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) in Delhi on February 27 for the minimum monthly pension of Rs 7500 under the scheme.
EPS-95 pensioners from all over the country have been agitating on the issue of raising their pension since the last three years, but the Centre has done nothing except giving hollow assurances, a statement said Friday.
“As per a Supreme Court order, EPS pensioners should be given a higher pension. At present they are getting the pension in range of Rs 200 to Rs 2500 per month, which is meagre in view of rising inflation,” the Sangharsh Samiti’s Bhopal coordinator R A Dharkar stated.
He said the pension amount should be raised to minimum Rs 7500 per month apart from the DA (Dearness Allowance).
“A rally will be taken out on February 27 from Jantar Mantar to the office of the Prime Minister for our demands,” the release stated.
The Samiti also seeks better medical facilities to the EPS-95 pensioners and their spouses. It also wanted that those retired employees who are not part of the scheme be brought under its ambit.
Dharkar claimed the Central government had only given hollow assurances to pensioners.
EPS or Employee Pension Scheme, which was brought into force in the year of 1995, is a guaranteed pension plan supported by the government, wherein the stipulated amount will be remitted to the employee upon retirement, without any changes to the same.
Related to Your Search:
- Pension Hike Latest News: Minimum monthly pension of Rs. 3000 after attaining the age of 60 years
- Minimum pension of Rs. 1,000/- per month in perpetuity to Pensioners of Employees’ Pension Scheme, 1995
- Minimum Monthly Pension and wage ceiling hiked by EPFO
- EPFO issues Directions for timely credit of monthly Pension to EPS Pensioners
- Provision of Minimum Pension of Rs.1000 per month the Pensioners under the Employees Pension Scheme 1995
- EPFO: Minimum monthly pension of Rs 1,000 to be a reality this month
- Gazette Notification regarding minimum pension of Rs.1000/- pm under EPS,1995
- Hike contribution to raise minimum pension: EPFO to Government
- Retired employees of Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti NVS for coverage under Old Pension Scheme OPS – Pensionary Benefit under CCS Pension Rules – 1972