Enhancement of monetary allowance attached to the Pre-Independence Gallantry Awards
Government of India
Ministry of Defence
Sena Bhawan, New Delhi -110105
Dated the 4th December, 2017
The Chief of Army Staff
The Chief of Navy Staff
The Chief of Air Staff
Subject: Enhancement of monetary allowance attached to the Pre-Independence Gallantry Awards.
I am directed to refer to this Ministry’s letter No. 7(119)/2008-D(AG) dated 30th March, 2011 on the above subject and to convey the sanction of the President to the enhanced payment of monetary allowance at the following rates to all recipients, irrespective of rank and income, of the following Pre-Independence Gallantry Awards, with effect from 1st August, 2017:
|GALLANTRY AWARD||EXISTING RATE
|Distinguished Service Order (DSO)||4,000||8,000|
|Indian Order of Merit (IOM)||4,000||8,000|
|Indian Distinguished Service Medal (IOSM)||4,000||8,000|
|Distinguished Service Cross (DSC)||2,800||6,000|
|Distinguished Flying Cross (DFC) for Officers||2,800||6,000|
|Distinguished Service Medal (DSM)||2,800||6,000|
|Military Medal (MM)||2,800||6,000|
|Distinguished Flying Medal (DFM) for Other Ranks||2,800||6,000|
2. The allowance shall be admissible to the recipient of the award and on his death to his widow lawfully married by a valid ceremony. The widow will continue to receive the allowance until her death. Ordinarily, the widow who was first married shall receive the allowance but with the special sanction of the Government the allowance may be divided equally between the lawful widows of the recipient.
3. When the award had been made posthumously to a bachelor, the monetary allowance shall be paid to his father or mother, and in case the posthumous awardee was a widower, the allowance shall be paid to his son below 18 years or unmarried daughter as the case may be.
4. Each bar to the decoration will carry the same amount of monetary allowance as admissible to the original award.
5. The monthly monetary allowance will be paid in respect of all gallantry awards received by an individual.
6. Payments, if any, already made for the period beyond the date of issue of this letter will be adjusted against the payment due under this letter.
7. The expenditure on this account will be debitable to the relevant Heads of the Defence Services Estimates.
8. This issues with the concurrence of Ministry of Finance (Department of Expenditure) vide their U.O. No. 7/67/E.III.A/98 dated 11th September, 2017.
(T.D. Prashanth Rao)
Under Secretary to the Government of India
Related to Your Search:
- Enhancement of monetary allowance attached to the Post Independence Gallantry Awards
- Monetary Allowance for Widows of Gallantry Awards Recipients
- PCDA Circular 30 – Payment of enhanced Monetary Allowances attached to pre and post independence Gallantry Awards
- Enhancement of monetary allowance attached to Jangi Inam (a Pre Independence Gallantry Award)
- Payment of enhanced Monetary Allowance attached to pre and post independence Gallantry Awards
- Medal Winners of RIO Olympics/Paralympics 2016 receive cash award from Sports Minister Vijay Goel
- Accident Free Service Award as per 7th CPC pay structure to retired railway employee after 01.01.2016.
- PCDA: Exemption of Pension/ Family Pension received with Gallantry Award
- Non-deduction of income tax at source from a gallantry awardee’s pension: CPAO