Employees of Unit Run Canteens under CSD are not Government employees
Civilian staff in canteens
The below information was given by the Minister of Shri.A.K.Antony in Lok Sabha in a written reply about the employees of Unit Run Canteens…
The civilian staff working in Military Canteens, which are generally known as Unit run Canteens (URCs), are getting paid as per the rules regulating the terms and conditions of the services of the civilian employees of URCs, issued by Army Headquarters. These rules were made as per the directions of Hon’ble Supreme Court of India dated 4th January 2001, in the case of Union of India Vs M. Aslam and others.
Moreover, it has been held by the Hon’ble Supreme Court, in its Order dated 28.4.2009, in the case of R.R. Pillai Vs Commanding Officer HQ SAC (U), that employees of URC are not Government Servants. Thus, the recommendations of the Sixth Pay Commission are not applicable for the civilian staff working in Military Canteens.
Related to Your Search:
- Framing of Rules for Unit Run Canteens (URCs) employees
- CSD Unit Run Canteens : Framing of Rules for URC Employees
- Joint Committee for resolving pay and allowances of URCs employees
- PAY SCALE OF URC EMPLOYEES AT PAR WITH EMPLOYEES OF CSDs
- More than 5000 employees working in CSD Canteens
- CSD: Unit Run Canteen’s employees are not government employees
- Pay Revision of URCs Employees
- List of Unit Run Canteens under CSD
- State wise report of Unit Run Canteens under CSD