Emergency Facilities in CGHS Dispensaries
The CGHS dispensaries have all the medicines required in emergency. As per the CGHS guidelines, a provision is there to keep medicines available to counter any medical emergency that might arise within the Wellness Centre. There is an Emergency Tray available with the nursing staff which contains most of the medicines required under emergency situation. The availability of the medicines with their valid date of expiry in this Emergency Tray is checked on a regular basis and also during surprise checks.
A complaint was received on 07.09.2013 from Sh. R. C. Khuntia, the then Member of Parliament in respect of pensioner beneficiary, Sh. B. K. Joshi regarding non-supply of life saving drugs on time by CGHS Bhubaneswar. The delay in supply was due to non availability of cancer medicine with the authorized stockiest.
In case the medicines are not available at the Wellness Centre, they are procured through local purchase. If any medicine is prescribed by the treating doctor that is required to be used immediately and if that medicine is not available in the Wellness Centre, authority slip is issued to the patient to collect the medicine from the authorized local chemist free of cost.
The Minister for Health and Family Welfare, Shri J P Nadda stated this in a written reply in the Rajya Sabha here today.
Related to Your Search:
- Non issuing of prescribed medicines by CGHS Wellness Centres
- List of CGHS Dispensaries working 24 hours in Delhi
- CGHS Dispensaries/Wellness Centres
- CGHS Distribution of Life Saving Medicines NCR towns at Wellness Center
- Procurement of Medicines Under CGHS
- Extension of CGHS Dispensaries/Hospitals
- CGHS Hospitals / Dispensaries Functioning for 24 Hrs
- CGHS: SMS facility for Indented Medicines to CGHS Beneficiaries
- CGHS – Reimbursement of cost of OPD Medicines Special Sanction in view of COVID-19 till 31st December 2020