Dopt Orders – Recognition of Service Association of Employees of Non-Statutory Departmental Canteens/Tiffin Rooms of Central Government Offices under CCS (RSA) Rules 1993
File No. 27/1/2007-Dir.(C)
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, P.G & Training
Department of Personnel & Training
Lok Nayak Bhawan,
Khan Market, New Delhi- 110001
Subject: Recognition of Service Association of Employees of Non-Statutory Departmental Canteens/Tiffin Rooms of Central Government Offices under CCS (RSA) Rules 1993.
The undersigned is directed to say that the matter regarding granting of recognition to the Associations representing Non-Statutory Departmental Canteens Employees has been under consideration of this Department for quite some time. The question of formation of separate Association of Canteen employees was earlier considered in 2003 and taking into account various factors, it was decided that there may not by separate Association exclusively for Canteen employees and they may be represented through Associations formed by other comparable categories of employees. This decision was circulated vide O.M No. 27/2/96-Dir.(C) dated 20.2.2003.
Subsequently, based on various representations received, and taking into account the fact that Canteen employees are a unique and distinct category of employees of Central Government, their cadre structure. pay and allowances and career prospects are also different from other Group ‘C’ & ‘D’ employees of the Secretariat & Attached/Subordinate Office, it was decided to invite applications from Associations/Unions of employees working in the Non-Statutory Departmental Canteens/Tiffin Rooms of Ministries/Departments/Offices etc of the Central Government who wish to seek recognition under CCS (RSA) Rules 1993. On the basis of application received for recognition and keeping in view the requisite criteria for recognition as stipulated in CCS (RSA) Rules, 1993 it has been decided by the competent authority to grant ad-hoc recognition to the following association subject to the condition that ad-hoc recognition would cease after one year if verification through check off system is not completed during the period.
“All India Central Government Canteen Employees & Workers Association”.
Related to Your Search:
- Amendment of Model Recruitment Rules for various posts in Non Statutory Departmental Canteen/ Tiffin Rooms Located in Central Government Offices
- DoPT: Canteen functioning in Central Government Offices
- Extension Ad-hoc Recognition of Service Association of Employees of Non-Statutory Departmental Canteens/Tiffin Rooms of Central Government Offices under CCS(RSA) Rules, 1993 – regarding
- Uniform for the female employees of Non-Statutory Departmental Canteens/ Tiffin Rooms: DoPT Order
- Non- Statutory Departmental Canteens functioning in Central Government Offices procuring License under Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006 and Rules & Regulations framed there under
- Non-statutory Departmental Canteens functioning in Central government Offices-procuring Licence under Food Safety and Standards Act,2006 and Rules & Regulations framed thereunder
- Grant of fund to Non-Statutory Departmental Canteens located in Central Government Departments will be modernized
- Opening of Departmental Canteens in Central Government Ministries/ Departments/ Offices Covid-19 – DoPT 2021
- Recognition of Service Associations under the CCS (Recognition of Service Associations) Rules, 1993