Dopt Orders – Delegation of power to relax the educational qualification for appointment in the personal staff of Union Ministers – regarding
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel & Training
Lok Nayak Bhawan,
Khan Market, New Delhi-110 003
Dated: the 23rd July, 2013
Subject: Delegation of power to relax the educational qualification for appointment in the personal staff of Union Ministers — regarding
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Deptt’s O.M.No.8/5/98-CS.II dated 23.10.2001 wherein it is clarified that ‘the educational/skill qualification for personal staff of Ministers should be similar to the corresponding/comparable posts in the Government and as per the directions of Hon’ble Prime Minister, there will be no relaxation in the educational and skill qualification for the personal staff of Ministers.
2. This Department had been receiving many references from various Ministries/Departments for appointment of officials in the personal staff of Ministers in relaxation of prescribed educational qualification. In order to curb the delay in appointment of persons in the personal staff of Ministers seeking relaxation of educational qualification, the matter has been re-examined and it has been decided with the approval of Hon’ble Prime Minister to delegate the power for relaxation of educational qualification for appointment of officials in personal staff of Union Ministers as under:
(i) The power to relax the educational qualification for appointment as Peon in the personal staff of Union Minister is delegated to the respective Ministry.
(ii) The power to relax the educational qualification for appointment to posts other than Peon in the personal staff of Union Ministers has been delegated to Cabinet Secretary.
3. As regards para 2(ii) above, it is clarified that the Ministries/Departments are required to submit the proposal to this Department (CS-II Division) for seeking relaxation of educational qualification for appointment of officials to posts other than the post of Peon in the personal staff of Union Ministers for obtaining concurrence of Cabinet Secretary.
4. All the Ministries/Departments are requested to take the above mentioned guidelines into consideration before forwarding any proposal for appointment of officials in the personal staff of Ministers.
5. Hindi version will follow.
Related to Your Search:
- Combinations of different posts for creation of post of OSD, Addl. PS and Asstt.PS in the personal staff of Ministers
- Provision regarding mandatory cooling off period between two deputations for appointment in the personal staff of Union Ministers
- Appointment on compassionate grounds – Relaxation in upper age limit
- DoPT: Revision of the rates of Deputation (Duty) Allowance/pay fixation on appointment in the Personal Staff of Ministers
- 7th CPC Minimum Educational Qualification for appointment in Level-l of the pay matix on compassionate grounds
- Railway Board: Out-of-Turn Promotions (OTP) to outstanding Sports persons on sports accounts
- Dopt issued guidelines on prescribing Educational Qualifications and experience for recruitment of various post
- DoPT may put 3-years gap for posts in ministerial staff
- Appointment of meritorious Sportspersons in relaxation of the procedure – regarding