Execution of Bond for availing Study Leave under rule 53(4) of the CCS(Leave) Rules, 1972 – regarding
Bharat Sarkar/Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
Department of Personnel and Training
New Delhi, the 18 February. 2014
Subject: Execution of Bond for availing Study Leave under rule 53(4) of the CCS(Leave) Rules, 1972 – regarding.
The undersigned is directed to state that Government servants are allowed to avail “Study Leave’ in terms of the provisions of rules 50-63 of the CCS (Leave) Rules, 1972. The provisions of rule 53(4) mandates for execution of a bond by the Government Servant who is granted such leave in the relevant format prescribed for the said purpose i.e. Forms 7-10 of the CCS (Leave) Rules, 1972.
2. The said Bond executed by the Government servant requires putting in specified period of service after expiry of the Study Leave as prescribed by provisions of rule 50(5) of the said rules.
3. It has come to the notice of this Department that the provisions of the aforesaid bond are being circumvented and officers who have availed Study Leave proceed on prolonged spells of leave due and admissible to them and thus do not put in active service for the requisite period as indicated in the bond executed by them.
A. In view of the above position, the provisions of the prescribed format of the Bond have been reviewed in consultation with the Department of Legal Affairs and it has been decided that the prescribed forms 7, 8, 9 and 10 of the CSS (Leave) Rules, 1972 may be revised by incorporating a specific clause confirming commitment of the Government servant to put in requisite active service after expiry of the Study Leave. The copies of the revised formats are enclosed herewith. The grant of Study Leave shall continue to be regulated in terms of the relevant provisions of the rules as indicated in para 1 above. Ministry of Home Affairs etc are requested to ensure that the necessary Bond in respect of grant of Study Leave under the CCS (Leave) Rules, 1972 may henceforth be obtained in the revised formats.
5. These orders are being issued after consultation with the C&AG of India in respect of persons serving in the Indian Audit & Accounts Department.
6. Formal amendments to CCS (Leave) Rules, 1972 are being issued separately.
Related to Your Search:
- Execution of Bond for availing Study Leave under Rule 9(i) of the AIS (Study Leave) Regulations, 1950
- FAQ on Study Leave – Dopt Orders
- Study Leave Interest on Leave Encashment for CG Employees
- Amendment to Appendix V of the Indian Railway Establishment Code Vol. I, 1985 Edition (Study Leave Rules)
- Grant of Study Leave to officers of Railway Medical service for prosecuting Post graduation course: Railway Board Order
- Central Civil Services (Leave) Second Amendment Rules, 2017
- Grant of Study Leave to the railway employees for continuing higher studies in India – modification of extant provisions – NFIR
- Exercise option within Three Months of the Date of Notification
- Whether leave encashment can be sanctioned to a Govt servant on his superannuation while under suspension