Central Government pensioners – Collobaration with Banks for creation of integrated Pensioners’ Portal to enhance ‘Ease of Living’ of Pensioners
21 JUN 2022
A two day Bankers’ Awareness Program was organized by Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare at Udaipur on 20th & 21st June, 2022 for officers of State Bank of India handling pension related work, covering the Northern Region of the country.
A team of officers from DoPPW took sessions on Pension policy reforms & digitization regarding disbursement of pension to Central Government pensioners, with the objective of updating the field functionaries of State Bank of India. Special sessions were organized on Income Tax matters related to pensioners as well as Digital means of submitting the Annual Life Certificates. Chief Controller (Pension), CPAO shared the reasons which are a cause for pensioner’s grievances and suggested actions which may be taken by the bank for redressal.
It was decided that immediate efforts are needed for creation of Integrated Pension Portal by linking DoPPW and SBI existing portals to provide seamless services to pensioners. Awareness of field officials & Pensioners are of utmost importance to ensure the benefits of Government of India’s welfare measures. Face authentication technology for Digital Life Certificate may be advertised extensively by Banks. Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare will take policy initiatives to address issues faced by field officials and pensioners. Digital life certificate and face authentication technology would be a game changer for pensioners and banks in submission of life certificates. These awareness programs would serves as huge capacity building exercise for bank officials.
This program was the first in a series of Awareness Programs for Central Pension Processing Centers and field functionaries handling pension related work in various bank. It is expected that through these programs, the objective of enhancing ‘Ease of Living’ of pensioners will be achieved to a great extent. Four such awareness programs will be conducted in collaboration with State Bank of India to cover the whole country. On similar lines, awareness programs will be conducted in collaboration with other Pension Disbursing Banks in year 2022-2023.
Bankers’ Awareness Program, Udaipur, 20th&21st June, 2022 was concluded by closing address by Sh Sanjiv N Mathur, Joint Secretary, Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare. Detailed feedback was taken from bank officers on various policy issues to make proactive changes to ensure “Ease of Living” for pensioners. 50 officers from northern zone from CPPCs and pension dealing branches were awarded certificate of Participation during valediction ceremony.
Related to Your Search:
- Jeevan Pramaan – message from Joint Secretary (Pension)
- Special Aadhaar Enrolment drive for Pensioners, from May 30 to June 10, 2016
- EPS 95 Pensioners can now submit Life Certificate at any time which will be valid for 1 year from date of submission
- Enrolment for Aadhaar number and its seeding in pension records of all pensioners and family pensioners – regarding
- DoPPW – To make life easier for senior citizens to apply their annual lifetime pension certificate
- Pensioners Portal Orders: Pension by linking Aadhaar with Bank Accounts and PPO
- Railway Pensioners Need to Submit ‘Life Certificate’
- PIB: Awareness workshop for Central Government Pensioners
- Government to help pensioners for getting digital life certificates