Ministry of Rural Development
Disbursement of Old Age, Disability and Widow Pensions
Posted On: 26 JUL 2018 5:59PM by PIB Delhi
Resolution of technical issues, if and when faced by the Banks, in dealing with assistance being disbursed through them is an ongoing process. No Bank has raised any issue related to any specific training requirement for their human resources for handling the pension issues.
Government has adopted the Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) Scheme for direct transfer of benefit into the bank/post office accounts of beneficiaries of schemes under National Social Assistance Programme (NSAP). Instructions have been issued to the States for getting the due consent for seeding the Aadhaar details. Instructions also mention that disbursement of pension of any beneficiary could not be affected due to non-availability of Aadhaar number. Further, NSAP guidelines provide that given their physical, social and economic vulnerability, States should ensure that an infirm/old beneficiary will not have to travel far distance to access his/her pension account. As far as possible, for people who cannot cover distance physically, the objective is to provide door step delivery.
Several Banks in many states are using the services of Bank Sakhi’s coming from self help groups to provide cost effective solutions for delivery of pensions at home.
This information was provided by the Minister of State for Rural Development, Shri Ram Kripal Yadav today in a written reply to a Lok Sabha question.
Related to Your Search:
- Details of the pension schemes being run by the Central Government
- DELAY IN DISBURSEMENT OF PENSION
- No Stoppage of Disbursement of Pension due to Non-Linking of Aadhaar
- Cabinet approves a New Scheme for promotion of Rural Housing in the country
- Linking of ration card with Aadhaar – Rajya Sabha Q&A
- Good news for Central Government Pensioners
- Benefits under Direct Benefit Transfer Scheme
- Dr Jitendra Singh directs targeted approach for Seeding of Aadhaar numbers in Pensioners Accounts
- Building and Other Construction Workers Welfare Cess