disabilities of the department by providing certain additional
facilities to help them discharge their duties more conveniently and
effectively, DoPT’s Circular No.B-11011/1/2016-Ad-III dated March 11, said.
As per the scheme, which will come into force from next month,
persons with disabilities will get wheelchairs (motorised), special
furniture, hearing aids with battery, low vision aids, smart cane and
special software or computer.
Besides, there will be braille signage near lift area, toilets and
canteens, and provision of beep sound in biometric attendance system, it said.
Employees with disability would be given option to apply for the
assisting aids through proper channel, which will be examined on case to case basis and decided with the approval of competent authority, the DoPT said.
“After successful implementation of the scheme in DoPT, other
government departments will also be asked to follow it,” a senior
Government of India
Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
(Department of Personnel and Training)
Dated 11 March, 2016
Subject: Scheme for providing facilities to the Employees with Disabilities of Department of Personnel & Training – reg.
In accordance with this Department’s O.M. no. 36035/3/2013 – Estt (Res) dated 31.03.2014 a scheme for providing facilities to the Employees with Disabilities in this Department has been formulated.
2. The detail of the Scheme ARE enclosed & circulated herewith.
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India
of Personnel and Training:-
Name of the Schemes:-
To provide facilities to the Employees with Disabilities working in Department of Personnel and Training, for ease of doing their day to day office work. The Scheme will come into effect from next financial year i.e. from April, 2016.
Objective of the Scheme:-
The objective of the Scheme is to enable and empower Persons with Disabilities (PwDs) of this Department by providing certain additional facilities to help them discharge their duties more conveniently and effectively.
Facilities under the Scheme:
The Scheme provides the following facilities to the PwDs:-
• Wheelchairs (Motorised, if required)
• Special furniture
• Hearing aids with battery
• Low vision aids
• Smart Cane
• Special Software/computers
• Braille Signage near lift area, toilets, canteen, fire, exit etc. /Room
• Provision of Beep sound in biometric attendance system
• Induction/lob specific training
Eligibility:- PwD employees who are serving in DoPT.
Employees with disability would be given option to apply for the items mentioned above to the Administration Division through proper channel, which will be examined on case to case basis and decided with the approval of competent authority.
Shri Suresh Kumar DS (Admn), is the nodal authority/Grievance Officer to address the issues, if any, relating to operation and procurement of special items, as mentioned above
Related to Your Search:
- Guidelines for providing certain facilities in respect of persons with disabilities for efficient performance of their duties
- ‘Come and Play’: Govt tells central goverment employees
- Recommendations of the Seventh Central Pay Commission – implementation of decisions relating to Special Allowance for child care for women with disabilities
- Guidelines for providing certain facilities in respect of persons with disabilities who are already employed in Government for efficient performance of their duties.
- PWDs in Central Government – 7th Pay Commission Recommendations
- Use of Sports facilities of Sports Authority of India under Come & Play Scheme in Badminton, Table Tennis & Fitness Centre for Central Government Employees & their dependent family members
- Use of Sports facilities of Sports Authority of India under Come & Play Scheme in Badminton, Table Tennis & Fitness Centre for Central Government Employees & their dependent families
- Constitution of a Committee to monitor the progress in filling up of vacancies of persons with disabilities
- 7th Pay Commission Report: Person with Disabilities