DESW Orders – Waiving recovery of excess amount of element of Non-Practising Allowance (N PA) paid to pre-1996 retired Armed Forces Doctors.
Government of India
Ministry of Defence
Department of Ex-Servicemen Welfare
New Delhi, the 18th December, 2013
The Chief of Army Staff,
The Chief of Naval Staff,
The Chief of Air Staff
Subject: – Waiving recovery of excess amount of element of Non-Practising Allowance (NPA) paid to pre-1996 retired Armed Forces Doctors.
The undersigned is directed to refer to this Ministry’s ID No. 113A/D(Pen/Legal) dated 05.12.2008 regarding recovery of excess amount of NPA paid to pre-1996 retired Armed Forces Doctors.
2. On receipt of various representations from Retired Armed Forces Doctors, individually and through Associations, the Government reconsidered the matter on humanitarian grounds. After careful examination of the matter, the Government has now decided to waive recovery of excess amount of element of NPA paid to pre-1996 retired Armed Forces Doctors for the period from 11.09.2001 to 31.03.2008.
3. The amount of excess amount of the element of NPA recovered so far is not to be refunded.
4. This issues with the concurrence of Ministry of Defence (Fin/Pen) vide their U.O. 3501/FIP dated 22.11.2013.
Under Secretary to the Govt. of India
Related to Your Search:
- Clarification on implementation of 7th Central Pay commission (CPC)
- Don’t recover excess payment from staff facing hardship: Central Government Departments
- Fixation of Pension of Retired Medical officers of AMC/ADC/RVC – DESW Orders
- 7th CPC: Revision of Disability/ War Injury pension for pre-1.1.2016 Defence Forces pensioners
- Method of Calculation of disability where two types of IDs are involved
- Grant of Fixed Medical Allowance (FMA) to the Armed Forces Pensioner/Family Pensions – Order 29.08.2017
- 7th CPC on revision of provisions regulating Pension/Gratuity/Commutation of Pension/Family Pension including pensionary awards
- Doctors Commissioned through Armed Forces Medical Services: 700 doctors have been commissioned during last three years
- Minimum Guaranteed Pension for Disability/War injury element as per CSC 2012 recommendation.