Denial of TA/DA to the Staff car Drivers in the Railways-reg
National Federationf Indian Railwaymen
3, CHELMSFORD ROAD, NEW DELHI – 110 055
Affiliated to :
lndian NationalTrade Union Congress (INTUC)
International Transport Workers’ Federation (lTF)
No. I/8/Part. I
Sub: Denial of TA/DA to the Staff car Drivers in the Railways-reg.
Ref: (i) NFIR’s PNM ltem No.4/2011.
(ii) NFIR’s letter No. 1/8 dated 02/04/2010.
(iii) NFIR’s letter No. I/8/pt. I dated 27/06/2013. 13/09/2013, 5/5/2014, 7/7/2014 & 21/10/2014.
(iv) Railway Board’s letter No. F(E)I/209/AL-28/04/2015.
In the Fast Track Committee Meeting held in the Railway Board on 08/05/2015, the above subject was discussed without finality. However, NFIR places below detailed justification warranting restoration of payment of TA/DA to the Staff Car Drivers:-
1. The Committee constituted by the Railway Board appears to have not recommended payment of Daily Allowance to the Staff Car Drivers for performing official journeys during the prescribed duty hours even if they move out beyond a distance of 8 kms. from the Head Quarters without consulting extant codal provision.
2. The Sub Rule (1) of Rule 1614 o.f lndian Railway Establishment Code (Second Reprint Edition) permits drawal of daily allowance by a Railway employee who is not receiving a permanent allowance on any day on which he proceeds on tour beyond a radius of 8 krns.
The position mentioned above shows that the decision taken by the Railway Board is contrary to the instructions/codal provisions, the same requires to be reviewed. It needs to te appreciated that the staff car drivers carry the officials to accident sites, flood affected areas, and different locations in view of administrative requirement. Their working is not comparable with other departments of central Government. Denial of TA/DA is therefore unjustified.
NFIR, therefore, urges the Railway Board to withdraw Board’s letter dated 12/03/2008 and issue instructions to the General Managers of Zones/PUs for restoration of payment of TA/DA to Staff Car Drivers undertaking journeys a beyond a distance of 8 kms. A copy of the instructions issued may be endorsed to the Federation.
(Dr. M. Raghavaiah)
Copy to the Executive Director F(E), Railway Board, New Delhi for information and necessary action.
Copy to the Convener, Fast Track Committee & Executive Director/IR, Railway Board, New Delhi for information and necessary action.
Copy to General Secretaries of Affiliate Unions of NFIR.
File No. 4/2011 (PNM),
File No IV/NFIR/ETC/2014 (MAIN)
Related to Your Search:
- Denial of payment of Breakdown Allowance to the staff working in GP 2000/Level 3 of 7th CPC
- Revision of Over Time Allowance to Railway Employees consequent upon revision of pay scales and allowances
- Merger of Dearness Allowance with the Basic Pay w.e.f. April 1, 2004
- 7th Pay Commission Hospital Patient Care Allowance to Group ‘C’ &’D’ Railway employees working in Railway Hospitals
- Denial of option for pay fixation in the 7th CPC Pay Matrix to the staff inducted from the post of Diesel/Electric Loco Technician to the post of Assistant Loco Pilot against 50% quota vacancies-review requested
- Denial of Leave Salary duly reckoning 30% of 7th CPC pay for Running Staff: NFIR
- NFIR – Denial of LC Gate Allowance to the Gate Keepers/ Gatemen of Operating in Railways
- 7th CPC Risk and Hardship Allowance for Track Maintainers working in Constructions Organization
- Denial of payment of HRA, Transport Allowance etc. to trainees appointed on compassionate ground in Grade Pay 1900/ – in artisan category: NFIR