Demands of Staff of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas: Rajya Sabha Q&A
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT
STARRED QUESTION NO-237
Demands of Staff of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas
237 . SHRI MOTILAL VORA
a) the details of demands put forward by teaching and non-teaching staff of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas;
(b) the date from which the demands of the representatives of various staff associations of these vidyalayas would be considered in a time-bound manner and by when this process would be completed; and
(c) the reasons for not considering their demands so far?
MINISTER OF HUMAN RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT (SHRI M.M. PALLAM RAJU)
(a)&(b) The teaching and non-teaching staff of some of the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNVs) had proceeded on strike with effect from 6.02.2013 for fulfillment of various demands relating to their service conditions. The studies of the students were seriously disrupted due to this strike close to the annual examinations and it was of serious concern to the Government as Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas have been set up to enable talented students from rural areas to progress at faster pace to compete with their urban counterpart on an equal footing. After detailed discussions with the representatives of various Staff Association of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas, the strike was called off with effect from 15.2.2013 with an assurance to the employees for a sympathetic consideration of all the genuine demands. A list of 23 demands put forward by teaching and non-teaching staff of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas is annexed.
2. The major demand of the employees was for introduction of Pension-cum-GPF Scheme under Pension Rule 1972 for the employees recruited before 1.1.2004. For this inter-ministerial consultations have already been started and are presently at an advanced stage. Some demands related to service conditions like up-gradation of pay scales, sanction of additional posts, some allowances and other miscellaneous demands relating to day to day working conditions of the JNVs.
3. Detailed discussions have already been held by the Ministry and the Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti with the representatives of the employees. Several demands require consideration by different Ministries/Department of Government of India and Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS). 15 of the 23 demands have already been settled.
(c) Does not arise.
Source: Rajya Sabha Q&A
Related to Your Search:
- Pension Scheme for the employees of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNVs)
- JNVs – Fulfilment of demands of staff of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas
- Kendriya Vidyalayas (KVs) and Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNVs)
- Retirement age 65 – Retirement age of Lecturers of NCERT to 65 years
- VACANCIES IN KENDRIYA VIDYALAYAS (KVs)
- Pension benefit to teachers of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas
- Vacancy of non teaching staff in KVs of Delhi
- Kendriya Vidyalayas – Details of KV’s – Minister answered in Parliament
- Teaching of Foreign Languages in Kendriya Vidyalayas