Delhi Commission for Women notice to DoPT over blind woman’s appointment cancellation
New Delhi: Delhi Commission for Women (DCW) today issued notice to Department of Personnel and Training (DoPT) in connection with a complaint by a blind women alleging cancellation of appointment in Ministry of Railway due to her disability.
The woman who qualified the civil services examination in 2015 has alleged that she was initially allotted Indian Railways Accounts Service.
The woman claimed her appointment was cancelled because of her blindness and later when she excessively followed it up with DoPT, she was reallocated Postal and Telecommunication, Accounts and Finance Service.
“While she was allocated the IRAS service as per her rank in CSE-2015, her appointment was cancelled by the Ministry of Railways. She has further alleged that after several weeks of follow-ups she has now been allocated IP and TAF service which is in contravention of her rank, merit and preference of service,” DCW Chief Swati Maliwal said in the notice issued to DoPT Secretary BP Sharma.
“It is evident that the lady has already undergone a great deal of struggle and after painstaking efforts has cleared the civil services examination. Crucial time of training and foundation course has been wasted due to systemic delays. Therefore, it is necessary that immediate action is taken to rectify the same,” the notice further read.
The commission has sought within a week’s time the factual report of the woman’s candidature, reasons for rejection of IRAS service initially allocated to her and the proposed action plan of the DoPT to resolve the issue and compensate the loss of time to the candidate.
Related to Your Search:
- Railways Propose to Cancel Some Trains during Fog Period
- Procedure Order for Implementing Service Tax Refunds on Passenger Fare Tickets Booked and Cancelled on or after 01.10.2012
- Cancellation of trains – Information through SMS to passengers
- SERVICE ALLOCATION TO CANDIDATES RECOMMENDED BY UPSC BASED ON THE CIVIL SERVICES EXAMINATION-2013
- Train cancellation due to Covid 19 – All passenger trains canceled until 3 May 2020
- Women personnel in the Armed Forces are not being deployed for combat operations
- Procedure for OTP based Refund against cancelled or Waitlist (WL) ticket in IRCTC Train Ticket Booking
- Promotion Policy for Women Officers in the Armed Forces
- Revision in the procedure of cancellation and refund of value of Rs.10,000/- and above for the PRS counter tickets booked from 09.11.2016 to 11.11.2016