Delay in payment of pensionary benefits to Ex-Servicemen – Financial Services Orders
Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Financial Services
2nd Floor, Jeevan Deep Building
10, Parliament Street, New Delhi-110 001
07th June, 2013
(i). The Chief Executives of all Pension Paying Banks.
(ii). The Chief General Manager, In-charge, Customer Service Department,
Reserve Bank of India, Central Office, Mumbai.
Sub.: Delay in payment of pensionary benefits to the Ex-Servicemen.
I am directed to refer to the subject cited above and to say that a case of non-payment of ex-gratia amount of Rs. 9 lakhs by the UCO Bank, Jhajjar Branch came to the notice of the Department of Financial Services with the approaching that there may be more cases of nonpayment of pensionary benefits to ex-servicemen causing frustration and feeling of isolation in the minds of those who gave their best of life for defence of nation. Such instances may be easily lapped up by the media to paint a negative picture of the PSBs and the Government which could be avoided with a little alacrity on the part of the banking officials.
2. It is therefore requested to kindly look into the matter on top priority basis by sensitizing the bank officials to be more prompt on payment of pensionary benefits to the ex-servicemen without any further delay and also to the CPPCs which need to be streamlined for timely release of pensionary dues to the Armed Forces pensioners. Action taken in this regard be intimated to this Department at the earliest.
(Rakesh Kumar Gupta)
Tel: 011 23348993
Related to Your Search:
- NPA – Counting of Non Practicing Allowance for Pensionary benefits
- Maximum age limit for recruitment of Ex-servicemen in the Public Sector Banks/Financial Institutions
- Non-payment / Delay in payment of retirement benefits on account of delay in verification of caste certificate in respect of retiring employees
- More than 2 dozen companies want collaboration with India Post Payments Bank-Manoj Sinha
- Pensionary benefits to the employees of BSNL and MTNL
- Expeditious processing of Second Appeal cases – Entitlement Rules for Casualty Pensionary Awards to the Armed Forces Personnel, 2008
- Review of payment of Group Insurance of All India Services on E-payment.
- Cabinet approves Revised Cost Estimate for setting up of India Post Payments Bank
- Pensioners Portal Orders – Review of Forms for Pensionary / retirement benefits and Nominations under various Rules of the Department of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare.