Hand Book on Defence Pension for Commissioned Officers 2021
Year – 2021
Hand Book on Defence Pension for ICOs
New Pension Code came into force w.e.f 01.06.1953 vide A.I 1/S/53. Since then tremendous changes have taken place in pensionary awards of the Armed Forces Personnel and their families due to the recommendation of the successive Central Pay Commission. These changes are scattered over a number of Govt. letters, memoranda etc. issued from time to time.
2. A need was, therefore, felt to review and update. The same with reference to latest Govt. letters, ruling and clarifications issued over a past these years and to summaries them in a precise manures.
3. Keeping the above facts in view, the efforts have been made to put the important changes made upto 2020 in fundamental principle in pension structure of various kinds of pensionary awards precisely in the form of a Hand Book.
4. I, hope, this Hand Book will be a useful guide to all the dealing staff and officers of this office who are employed on the sanction of various kinds of pensionary awards in their day to day working.
5. For facility, illustrations based on the Seventh CPC are given showing calculation of pension. Appendices showing changes in rates of the pension etc. with relevant authority have also been given. The Govt. letters mentioned in the Hand Book have also been listed with Group Order No. for necessary check as and when required.
6. The Hand Book has been prepared separately for PBORs and Commissioned Officers.
7. Any suggestion to improve this Hand Book would be gratefully acknowledged.
Rajiv Ranjan, IDAS
Principal Controller of Defence Accounts (Pension)
HAND BOOK ON DEFENCE PENSION FOR ICOs
PENSIONARY AWARDS IN RESPECT OF COMMISSIONED OFFICER
Sl. No. – Subject
- Qualifying service for earning Retiring Pension
- Periods of service qualifying for pension
- Determination of amount of pension
- Retirement Gratuity
- Commutation of Pension
- Restoration of commuted portion of pension
- Disability pension
- Categorisation of disability
- Procedure for adjudication of Disability Pension claim
- Injury cases
- Disease cases
- Disability pension on invalidment
- Disability element on retirement
- Rates of Disability Element
- Constant Attendance Allowance
- Lump sum compensation in lieu of Disability Element
- Invalid Pension
- War Injury Pension on invalidment
- War injury Pension on retention in service
- Lump sum compensation in lieu of war injury pension in service
- War injury element on subsequent retirement
- Liberalized disability pension
- Ex-gratia awards to cadets (direct) in case of disablement
- Ordinary Family Pension
- Eligible members of family for Ordinary Family Pension
- Ordinary Family Pension in case of missing personnel/pensioners
- Rates of Ordinary Family Pension
- Normal Rate
- Enhanced Rate
- Special Family Pension
- Eligible members for Special Family Pension
- Special Family Pension on re-marriage widow
- Dependent pension to Parents and Brothers/Sisters
- Liberalized Family Pension
- Dependent Pension (Liberalized)
- Ex-gratia lump sum compensation who die in harness
- Death Gratuity
- Monetary allowances attached to Gallantry Awards
- Pensionary awards in respect of Non-regulars Commissioned Officers (SSC/TC/EC/SSRC)
- Counting of Past service
- Condonation of break in service
- Pro-rata pension
- Appendices – Rates of
- Retiring Pension
- Retirement Gratuity
- Disability Element
- Ordinary family pension-prior to 01.06.53 and after 01.06.53
- Special Family Pension-Prior to 01.06.53 and after 01.06.53
- Monetary allowances attached to gallantry decorations
- Evaluation of Pensionary structure prior to 01.06.53 and thereafter and also important changes due to successive CPC recommendations.
- List of Govt. letters referred to in the Hand Book with Group Order No. under which reproduced