Defence – Facilities to 7th Pay Commission Children of Martyrs
GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF DEFENCE
UNSTARRED QUESTION NO: 1828
ANSWERED ON: 13.02.2019
Facilities to Children of Martyrs
Will the Minister of DEFENCE be pleased to state:-
(a) whether prior to 7th pay commission children of martyrs were eligible to receive full tuition and hostel fee till they get their degree;
(b) if so, the details thereof and whether after 7th pay commission Government has restricted the said fee to Rs.10,000 per year;
(c) if so, the reasons therefor;
(d) whether all the three services along with Army Welfare Association have written to the Government to review its decision; and
(e) if so, the details thereof and the action taken or being taken by the Government to restore pre 7th pay commission facilities to children of martyrs?
MINISTER OF STATE (DR. SUBHASH BHAMRE)
IN THE MINISTRY OF DEFENCE
(a) Yes, Madam.
(b) The details of the tuition fee and hostel charges till they get their degree prior to 7th pay commission notified vide letter No. 6(1)2009/Edu. Concession/D(Res-II), dated 25th October, 2010 are as under:-
(i) Tuition Fee:- Full reimbursement of tuition fee (capitation fee and caution money not included) levied by the educational institutions concerned (including charges levied for the school bus maintained by the school or actual fares paid for railway pass for students or bus fare certified by the Head of institutes).
(ii) Hostel charges:- Full reimbursement of Hostel Charges for those studying in boarding schools and colleges.
After the 7th pay commission Government had restricted the said fee to Rs.10,000/- per month vide order No.6(1)/2009/Edu.Concession/D(Res-II), dated 13th September, 2017.
(c) The decision was taken by the Government on the recommendations made by the Seventh Central Pay Commission (7th CPC) in Para 8.17.42 and 8.17.45 regarding Educational Concessions to the Children of Armed Forces Officers / Personnel Below Officer Ranks (PBORs) Missing / Disabled / Killed in action vide order No. 6 (1) / 2009 / Edu. Concession / D(Res-II), dated 13th September, 2017.
(d) Yes Madam, the case was taken up with MoD vide TRIPAS letter No.C/7026/VII CPC/73/Allce, dated 10th October, 2017.
(e) In continuation of this Department’s letter vide order No.6 (1)/ 2009/ Edu. Concession/ D(Res-II), dated 23rd March 2018, it has been decided with the approval of competent authority that the cap of Rs.10,000/- per month imposed on the combined amount of Tuition Fees and Hostel Charges vide para-5 of the order dated 13th September, 2017 stands deleted and all other provisions remain unchanged and the Educational Concession will continue to be admissible without the cap of Rs.10,000/- per month.
Source: Lok Sabha
Related to Your Search:
- Defence – Facilities to Children of Martyrs
- Reimbursement of Tuition Fee
- Grant of Educational Concession to the Children of Armed Forces Officers/Personnel Below Officer Ranks (PBORs) missing/disabled/killed in action
- Income tax exemption on children education allowance
- Cap On educational Concession to Children of Missing/Disabled/Killed Soldiers Removed – MoD Orders
- 7th CPC Children Education Allowance / Hostel subsidy – Jammu and Kashmir Central Government Employees
- Annual ceiling for reimbursement of Children Education Allowance for CG Employees
- No increase in Tuition Fee in KV Schools – Proposal to enhance VVN
- Recommendations of the 7th Central pay Commission – Implementation of decision relating to the grant of Children Education Allowance