Dedication of Portability through Universal Account Number (UAN) for Employees Provident Fund
“The minimum pension for employees has been introduced first time so that employees’ pension is not less than Rs. 1000 per month. The wage ceiling has been raised from Rs. 6500 to Rs. 15000 per month to ensure that vulnerable groups are covered under EPF Scheme”.
Under the scheme complete information for approximately 4 crore subscribers of EPF has been centrally compiled and digitized and a UAN has been allotted to all. The UAN is being seeded with Bank account and Aadhar Card and other KYC details for financial inclusion of vulnerable section of society and their unique identification.
Camps are being organized to facilitate opening of bank account and Aadhar card for those subscribers who have no bank account or Aadhar card as on date. This will ensure portability of the Social Security Benefits to the labour of organised sector across the jobs and geographic areas. The EPF account of employee will be now be updated monthly and at the same time he will be informed through sms.
Finally it will ensure that each of the 4 crore or more EPF account holders have direct access to their EPF accounts and will also enable them to consolidate all their previous accounts (approximately Rs 27000 Crore are currently lying with EPFO in inoperative accounts). By 16th October, 2014, approximately 2 crore subscribers will have the benefit of portability through UAN. Subscribers have been informed through sms/email immediately on inauguration.
The minimum pension for employees has been introduced first time so that employees’ pension is not less than Rs. 1000 per month. The wage ceiling has been raised from Rs. 6500 to Rs. 15000 per month to ensure that vulnerable groups are covered under EPF Scheme.
Source: PIB News
Related to Your Search:
- Atal Pension Yojana (APY) included under Section 7 of the Aadhaar Act 2016
- Aadhaar Card as Address Proof
- Rs 100 crore released towards Government of India co-contribution in Atal Pension Yojana
- 10% Tax Proposed on PF Withdrawals
- Online Statement Of Transaction (e-SOT) and the e-PRAN card launched for Atal Pension Yojana (APY) subscribers; More than 45 lacs subscribers to be benefitted
- Railways permits m-Aadhar as one of the prescribed proofs of Identity for Rail Travel Purpose
- 20 lakh people have joined the modified Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojna (PMJDY) scheme, total account holders 32.61 crore
- New Pension Scheme for Workers without benefit of Formal Pension
- Atal Pension Yojana (APY) reaches 53 lakhs subscribers base