Declaration of the National Convention of Workers, held at New Delhi, on 04.09.2012
- No Contractorisation of work of permanent/perennial nature and payment of wages and benefits to the contract workers at the same rate as available to the regular workers of the industry/establishment
- Amendment of Minimum Wages Act to ensure universal coverage irrespective of the schedules and fixation of statutory minimum wage at not less than Rs.10,000/- linked with cost price Index.
- Remove all ceilings on payment and eligibility of Bonus, Provident Fund; Increase the quantum of gratuity.
- Assured Pension for all
- Compulsory registration of trade unions within a period of 45 days and immediate ratification of the ILO Conventions Nos. 87 and 98.
The National Convention adopts the following action programme to press for once again the above burning issues facing the working people:
- Stated / district / sector level Joint Conventions during September, October and November 2012
- Satyagraha /Jail Bharo / Court Arrest on 18th / I9th December2012 in all the states through out the country
- March to Parliament on 20th December2012 (mobilization by the unions from the states adjoining Delhi)
- Countrywide Two Days General Strike on 20th and 21st February 2013.
The National Convention appeals to the working people of the country and their unions/federations irrespective of affiliations to respond in a massive way the call for countrywide united struggle and participate enmasse in the action programmes formulated by this all-in united platform of workers and employees to press for these vital demands embracing all sections of the toiling class.
Independent Federations of Workers and Employees
Related to Your Search:
- Group of four Ministers to discuss the workers’ demands with the United front of trade unions
- Central trade unions will announce one-day nationwide strike on September 2
- Confederation News – National convention of all Central Trade Unions held on 6th August 2013
- Trade unions go on nationwide strike, to hit essential services
- General Strike All India on February 20–21, 2013
- Central Trade Unions reiterate countrywide General Strike on 2nd September 2016 – Press Statement
- All India strike by trade unions
- CENTRAL TRADE UNIONS NATIONAL CONVENTION OF WORKERS WAS HELD ON 26.05.2015 DECLARATION
- Out of 12 Central Trade Unions, Seven Unions went on strike – PIB Report