The decision on Dearness Allowance from January 2013, will be declared after the arrival of Finance Minister?!
The decision on Dearness Allowance will be declared only after the Finance Minister’s arrival..?!
It is really surprising that, even after the month prescribed by 6CPC to announce the Dearness Allowance passed, the central government yet to decide the rate of dearness allowance to be paid to central government employees from January 2013. Almost all the central government employees news websites have written more than enough about the rate and timing of announcing the Dearness allowance payable to central government employees with effect from 1st January 2013.
On 2nd April 2013, Some Established News websites informed that the 8% dearness allowance likely to be approved by cabinet committee today ie on April 02, 2013. But at the end of the cabinet meeting it had been informed that decision on hiking dearness allowance deferred as the Finance Minister was not present. At that time the Finance Minister P Chidambaram was on an official visit to Japan. According to this claim, it is now very much clear that if FM is not present in the Cabinet committee meeting , the fate of DA will not be decided.
Now according to the PIB release dated 13-4-2013 , The Union Finance Minister Shri P. Chidambaram left for one week two nation tour to Canada and USA on Sunday,14th April, 2013. The Finance Minister will leave for the back home on 20th April, 2013 and will arrive in the national capital on the early morning of 22nd April, 2013.
Now it can be claimed that the decision on Dearness Allowance will be declared only after the Finance Minister’s arrival. So the central government employees may have to wait for one more week to get the result on 8% hike in dearness allowance from January 2013.
Related to Your Search:
- DA News : Decision on hiking dearness allowance deferred
- Central government employees will continue to get Dearness Allowance (DA) and Dearness Relief (DR) at the current rates
- 7th PAY COMMISSION
- No need to pay Arrears on DA and 7th CPC – Early Decision
- 7CPC: Seventh Pay Commission for central government employees announced
- Fake News: Central Government has taken back its order in DA cut – Centre has not taken any such decision
- Cabinet hikes DA of central government employees by 5 per cent
- Fake Dearness Allowance Order Surfaces Online
- Cabinet approves release of an additional instalment of Dearness Allowance and Dearness Relief due from Jan 2020